Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a Suzuki Sidekick JLX and I want to put some more off-road/summer like doors. Would tube doors for Samurai fit in the Sidekick JLX?

·
Super Moderator
24,130 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A few posters from years ago were talking about modifying the existing doors into half doors. You may want to search for that - the idea would possibly be having 2 sets of doors - one for summer, one for winter, etc.

Edit: here, check this out - may not be street legal, but check out what the guy does with the doors - removes them and has structural tubing in place which would be ok for off-roading:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know somebody who makes/could make tube doors for this model? Where could I go to get these made?

·
Super Moderator
12,868 Posts
Any "half decent" body shop would/should be able to take a set of stock doors and turn them into half doors - the challenge for a US owner is going to be finding a body shop willing to accept the liability - their concern is going to be the possibility of litigation if/when the vehicle is involved in an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts