Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Sidekick whose rear seat is completely rusted and need to replace it. Can somebody help me out suggesting a replacement, because I can't find any used ones here in Puerto Rico where I live. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
24,456 Posts
I assume that this is the one piece seat - frankly, if you cannot find a junked Tracker or Sidekick that has a one piece seat for sale, near you, I would say you have a problem. Getting a seat shipped to you from the mainland will be pretty expensive. My question would be...do you actually use the seat, ie, normally take 3 other people with you? I removed my seat long ago (to get rid of the extra weight), and have never found the need to replace it - without the seat, you get much more cargo room in the rear of the car, and have the excuse, as well, to not chauffeur other people around...;)
Just as an aside....if your rear seat is that rusty, I would also pick up the carpet in the rear, and check the floorpan around the seat. While the latch that holds the seat in place may be ok (it's attached to the frame of the car), the floorpan might be an unwelcome surprise.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The seat out of an old school bus will work in a pinch..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts