Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a swap from a 1996 Esteem to a 86 Samurai. I got the esteem for very cheap. I have everything going well, but the issue I am running into is with the Esteem distributor. I have read numerous things that said doing the swap is possible, you just need to swap a cam and a distributor from a sidekick/tracker. The issue I am running into is the 96 Esteem distributor connecters (unsure what to call it exactly) are 4 pin and outside the distributor along with ignitor and ignition coil. Every distributor I have seen so far for a tracker/sidekick are 3 pin or 7 pin. Is there a 1.6 16v tracker/sidekick distributor that was ever in 4 pin? If so, what year or model specifically? If not, is there a way to adapt a 3 or 7 pin distributor to the Esteem plugs? I would like to avoid hacking into firewall at all cost. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone done a 95-97 Suzuki Esteem swap into a Samurai? If so, how did you do the distributor? Running into this issue now and unsure what to do.

I know how to do the plumbing from the rear to the radiator for it. Just having trouble with the distributor now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone done a 95-97 Suzuki Esteem swap into a Samurai? If so, how did you do the distributor? Running into this issue now and unsure what to do. The distributor pins and plug-ins are all outside the distributor unlike a Tracker/sidekick.

I know how to do the plumbing from the rear to the radiator for it. Just having trouble with the distributor now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts