Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope you're all well & your Suzuki's too.

Can anyone help me and advise what I can do to improve the fuel efficiency of my 1995 Samurai? Lately it's burning away at 15mpg, and I've seen it do better.

It's currently stock, however I have Alloy Wheels (which are probably very heavy) although I don't intend removing them.

Any ideas, things I might check or products I might buy?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Getting rid of the stock carb is a big winner, popular replacement is the HIF44 SU carb (correctly jetted of course)

OEM carb is a horrible thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I've been looking at the SU HIF44 carb for my 1.3 sierra. How much work is involved in the swap? Are there conversion kits available?

Also, how do these carbs compare to the HD carbs a lot of people use?

Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i have the same fuel issue it is soooooo uneconomical but it is also connected with a load of other problems? i dont know if you have anything such as having to keep HIGH revs on at all times? even stopping??? lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Javier Contreras Punta Arenas, Chile

Hi guys! im Javier Contreras, im from Punta Arenas, Chile, and I love this 4x4, its my favorite. I actually have one of this 4x4, are the best 4x4 who suzuki has made, do you think the same? my friends love my jeep, they think the same I say. I hope you have the same interesting.. My suzuki samurai, is a sj413 of 1993, I have it in a perfect status, perfect details, and almost brand new. Hope you be OK, good bye.
Javier Contreras

·
Registered
80 Posts
alloy wheels should help it a lil bit not hurt the m.p.g. try checking your timing.fuel filter air filter.oil and filter. spark plugs and wires cap and rotor. and is the check engine light on? if so theres a wire u can use to jump the terminals to figure out what electronic device is bad if any.there should be info on that here.look around.mine is a 87 and has a carburator.yours is fuel injected.complety diffrent fuel management but same engine and truck.good luck.check ebay.com for tune up kits for cheap.

·
Super Moderator
12,189 Posts
1995 is fuel injected... what are you talking about getting rid of the carb for it dont have one.
Two things rey - first that part of the thread is quite old - and - the guy who said get rid of the carb was probably not in the US, did you notice he suggested the original carb be replaced with an SU?

In some markets the SJ413 was never sold with fuel injection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts