Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all new to the Suzuki world and I recently got my fiancée a Suzuki Samurai but it just doesn't seem to have the power she wants is there anything we can do to it to get some more power? We are also wanting to build the entire Samurai to be an overlander so we can do the Trans-America Trail (TAT) her in her Samurai and me in my jeep xj with the highest elevation of 11,542' so if we kept it carbureted I'd have to adjust it as we go with that being so engine wise if we stay with the 1.3 we were thinking about converting it to propane as well as adding a turbo. Knowing that anyone else has more experience with these fun vehicles what would y'all suggest we do?

·
Super Moderator
13,218 Posts
Assuming the Samurai to be stock, I'd say your best bet is to look at an engine swap using the G16 from a Tracker or Sidekick which would be fuel injected. I also seriously question the wisdom of converting an off road vehicle to propane - gasoline is cheap & readily available in most places - facilities to refuel a propane vehicle are nowhere near as common.

If you want to stay with the 1.3, start by evaluating the general condition of the engine - wet & dry compression tests.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming the Samurai to be stock, I'd say your best bet is to look at an engine swap using the G16 from a Tracker or Sidekick which would be fuel injected. I also seriously question the wisdom of converting an off road vehicle to propane - gasoline is cheap & readily available in most places - facilities to refuel a propane vehicle are nowhere near as common.

If you want to stay with the 1.3, start by evaluating the general condition of the engine - wet & dry compression tests.
Thank you for your input, are there any particular years of the G16 that should be sought after or avoided?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts