Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am from Dublin Ireland.
I have s-cross 2019 1.0 manual model but android auto / apple car play are not working
Does this model or all sz-t model suppose to have android auto/ apple car play?

Also USB connector in armrest also not working its not defecting usb.

Is this is normal usb port?

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
38 Posts
It could be that the Infotainment system software needs updating. I had that with the 2017 S Cross we bought recently but after the update it was fine. After the update the USB port and Android Auto worked.

If you need to change it the USB port is 'normal' but enclosed in a casing which clips into the opening in the centre storage box. The cable in the car plugs into the bottom of the unit. Not difficult to change (mine was broken when I got the car) but slightly fiddly as the cable in the car is not terribly long. You need to undo the rear part of the console and lift it to get your hand in underneath to plug the cable in. Releasing the rear of the console involves removing the silver trim around the front part (just prises up with trim removal tools) and undoing a few screws at the back of the gear shift (mine is auto) in addition to the screws either side at the rear. However, with the software update it should all work if the port is not damaged.

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
38 Posts
Should have added I assume your car is still under warranty so you could get the dealer to do the update. However, you can do it yourself as I did. If you join the UK Suzuki forum www.vivavitara.com there is a sticky linking to the software download and how to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply.
My car still in warranty I will reach out to dealer and ask him to fix it.

One thing
Is SZ-T all models should have android auto and apply carplay?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Should have Android Auto, not sure about Apple Carplay as I don't use it but I think so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Assuming the Irish spec SZT's have the Bosch touch screen head unit as per the UK spec SZT's then yes it should have android auto and mirror link.
It could well be a broken USB socket as mentioned above. The tongue that supports the electrical contacts frequently gets broken off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts