Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I recently noticed that my reflector has fallen down near my headlight, I've replaced the bulbs before with ease but the plastic casing around light fixtures and where the reflector would be doesn't seem to want to budge open... I'm afraid if I keep prying its going to crack or break. Has anyone replaced or refitted a reflector before? Any tips or advice would be great! I need to take my car over to get inspected this week and I don't want something silly like this to fail me.

Thanks,
Divine

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi divineone welcome to the forum!! well opening up a headlight is unfortunately nothing like replacing a bulb. opening up a headlight requires heat to melt the sealant, some muscle to pry it apart and patience. i havent done it before myself but i know of two ways to do it. one requires the use of a mechanics heat gun and the other requires you to put the headlight in the oven to heat it up. i think the oven method is most popular. if its something you want to try info is all over the internet on how to do it. theres even youtube videos. heres a link to how one person opens up the headlights as an example for you.
HOW TO: Bake Open Stock Headlights - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
just keep in mind there different shaped lights but the operation is basically the same. maybe someone whos done reno lights can chime in. let us know what happens or how it goes if you chose to give it a try. any other questions just ask

1 - 2 of 2 Posts