Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just wondering if anyone has any info about the 3.2

just for interest sake, what i can gather it is similar to the holden alloy tec 3.6v6 in the holdens?

doing a quick search i have found the cam cover gasket kit suits both engines and the water pump also

Product Line: GMB water pumps, Made in Japan
Part #: W5000
Condition: New
Application: Holden 3.2L, 3.6L alloytec
Application: Suzuki N32A 3.2L
Contents: Pump and Gasket

so that would mean a 3.6ltr v6 out of a holden might be able to be bolted upto suzuki chassis and gearbox...

that motor in the us came in cadillac that was twin turbo, so there must be turbo engine internals around so in theory if stuff bolted up we should have a super tuff turbo engine in the zook:D

then maybe just maybe a 3.2 front subframe could be bolted to a swb with a 3.6 holden v6 for something a little wild:)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it would just be a tiny bit higher deck height or maybe bigger bore for the extra cc. being 60deg motor more deck height wouldnt matter to much.

i am fairly sure the auto is the toyota family a750f which would mean should be able to built it pretty tuff if needed.

something to keep in mind for future projects, thinking a turbo territory ghia would probably be better to start with about the same price as a 3.2 vitara and already turbo and tuff. plus have software to tune then so easy easy. like to be different tho so vitara with 300rwkw would be wild and 300kg less then terry too

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
little bit more of update about the v6

it has same stroke as the Holden 3.6 but the 3.6 has 5mm bigger bore

also the compression ratio is 10.0:1 where as the 3.6 is 10.2:1

have seen superchargers and turbos put on the 3.6 so the Suzuki with little bit lower comp should be fine with some boost. being same stroke and pretty much same kw for both motors i would take a guess and say that both would run similar size strength rods.

also the 190kw vz commodore had the 5speed auto which when compared to the suzuki gear ratios/diff ratios/tire dia they are fairly close in km/h at 6000rpm its only 4th which is a bit higher for the commodore. so performance wise they should be fairly similar to the commodore with similar power(they are a tad heavier but having awd might help in traction)

300rwhp zook is the next project, the 2ltr has served me well but has its limits. heavy duty clutch is struggling with 18psi and manual isnt good for 1/4 mile times

Reactions: FirstTimeMods

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara JB420
80 Posts
@orangute338 how's this project coming along?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts