Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I've tried searching these forums

sometime ago a suzuki sierra 4x4 SJ 70 93, short wheel base was rescued by me from someone who had almost trashed it in every way and almost every panel inside and out has a dent of some form in it even in places you normally couldn't dent if you tried...
sad really...

Any way I've been searching the net for months now trying to find some answers.
first of all are there any other type of car seats that will JUST bolt straight on and not have to do anything of the way of welding etc ??

also how can you remove the gearshift knob, twist, turn,,, ??
PS for other members in Perth western Australia, where is the best place to get suzi parts from and the best prices

please help this is driving me nuts
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Ok, now know what an SJ70is (based on the other thread). Sorry for the confusion.
I don't know of any stock seats that just bolt in without any fabrication. I have installed Track/Kick seats and RCI Racing seats (plastic offroad racing seats) and both took just a morning to complete, but I had to fab something in both installations. The easiest was the racing seats (and cheapest too) but take a look at a few articles and decide for yourself which way you want to go. Here is a link to a few different installs.
Seats

Spidertrax also makes a kit to bolt in some really nice aftermarket suspension seats. So if the budget allows, check them out.
The Spidertrax Store

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Oops, forgot. Shifter knob!
It is threaded, so you twist it off. But like most Suzuki parts, there is some facory loctite involved. The hardest I have had to work at it took a strap wrench and a vice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts