Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new here i have a suzuki liana 2001,
I Wonder what is this in my oil cap? (check photos), i will appreciate any tips what this could. Thanks

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Normal condensation by-products the looks of things. How many long hot trips does this car get? This is common to see in older vehicles that predominantly do shirt round town trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is my radiator fan dont work and I have been driving 1year and 6 months like this, and now im taking this problem serious because i have more knowledge, my radiator fan dont activate, iam start to think that the temperature sensor is failing, its giving false vibes to the computer and never activate, the mecanic said that the relay and The radiator fan is good, but they never drive the car because they tested the fan with multimeter and the cars battery, any tips what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently changed engine oil, spark plugs, antifreeze in radiator, and I Havent notice any strange for example spark plugs with oil or the antifreeze mix with oil when changing , or the car throwing white smoke at exhaust,
Nothing of those, if i continue i will blow the gasket, any tips? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,133 Posts
40km per day in how many trips...

40km per day in two trips gives the engine enough time to get up to operating temperature & "burn off" accumulated condensation, 40km per day in ten trips would be another matter all together.

40km per day in ten trips may sound ridiculous, but it's entirely possible, if you're doing courier deliveries or field service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(20) (20)=40 km with only 2 trip, im starting to worry about the photos i send from my oil cap, do it seems that i have blown head gasket?

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Personally I wouldn't be panicking if its not excessive and its not using oil or water.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, i just discovered that my sensor temperature is failing, i disconnected the sensor and The cooling fan started to work!
Im waiting for The New sensor to come, so i can install it.

·
Registered
'04 Aerio LX AWD sedan, 2.3L 16V, auto, ZA4
12 Posts
You never posted what the mileage of the car is, but is a minor amount of condensation for a relatively short commute each way. If it were a thick & heavy build-up under the oil cap, i would start to be concerned, but that isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You never posted what the mileage of the car is, but is a minor amount of condensation for a relatively short commute each way. If it were a thick & heavy build-up under the oil cap, i would start to be concerned, but that isn't bad at all.
My Car millage is 195000.
I Wonder If I should go with engine oil Valvoline brand If so which of those 2? Full synthectic or synthectic blend.
, my car Recomend synthetic blend(semi synthetic). But isnt fully synthectic better?
Im using synthetic castrol magnatec 5-40 right now,

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Nothing wrong with the oil you are using at present

·
Registered
'04 Aerio LX AWD sedan, 2.3L 16V, auto, ZA4
12 Posts
I understand but i wanted to try a new, shouldn't be a problem with the engine oil high millage Valvoline 5-40 synthetic, right?
Is there a reason for wanting to use a different brand of oil, or you simply want to try another brand?

My Dad has used Castrol oils exclusively for the past 20-odd years, and has never had an issue with any of their oils (conventional or synthetic) and some of his trucks were worked HARD. He said Castro Edge has been the best synthetic oil that he's used in high mileage gas engines. If you're familiar with GM's 4.3L engine from their compact & full-size trucks, you know they're known for noisy valve-train clatter as their mileage increases. The first oil change he did on a 340K km 4.3L with Castrol Edge, instantly reduced the valve-train noise to near zero. That same engine had 496K kms on it when he sent it to scrap 3 years later - and only because the clutch broke, and the body was to rusty to bother replacing the clutch again. He also routinely took that engine to redline, and it never failed it. He uses Castrol's conventional oil in his Cummins, as he believes doing frequent oil changes on a diesel is better overall, compared to using synthetic for twice the mileage. He has almost 500K kms on that truck as well.

Just some information for you to consider while deciding which product to use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a reason for wanting to use a different brand of oil, or you simply want to try another brand?

My Dad has used Castrol oils exclusively for the past 20-odd years, and has never had an issue with any of their oils (conventional or synthetic) and some of his trucks were worked HARD. He said Castro Edge has been the best synthetic oil that he's used in high mileage gas engines. If you're familiar with GM's 4.3L engine from their compact & full-size trucks, you know they're known for noisy valve-train clatter as their mileage increases. The first oil change he did on a 340K km 4.3L with Castrol Edge, instantly reduced the valve-train noise to near zero. That same engine had 496K kms on it when he sent it to scrap 3 years later - and only because the clutch broke, and the body was to rusty to bother replacing the clutch again. He also routinely took that engine to redline, and it never failed it. He uses Castrol's conventional oil in his Cummins, as he believes doing frequent oil changes on a diesel is better overall, compared to using synthetic for twice the mileage. He has almost 500K kms on that truck as well.

Just some information for you to consider while deciding which product to use.
Thx for The reply i will take in consideration, i already Bought the valvoline engine oil for it protects high millage, sludge, leaks, deposits, friction
Otherwise i had never problem with the castrol magnatec 5w-40.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Thx for The reply i will take in consideration, i already Bought the valvoline engine oil for it protects high millage, sludge, leaks, deposits, friction
Otherwise i had never problem with the castrol magnatec 5w-40.
you are falling for the marketing hype, I'd use it this once, and see what it does, then switch mack to the castrol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts