Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parts and service people at Suzuki do not seem to have an idea of their factory audio system and why today people are looking for AUX and Bluetooth Audio streaming. Well after buying a 2012 Kizashi and not being happy about the lack of audio features. I set out to find out exactly what I was missing and how to add it.
So I found that Rockford Fosgate has a partnership with Suzuki on select vehicles with a premium audio system and here are the specs of that premium audio system by Rockford Fosgate.

One 2 inch Center Channel
Two 1 inch Tweeters
Two Front 6.5 inch Mid Bass Speakers
Two Rear 6.5 2 Way Coaxial Speakers
One Long Throw Subwoofer
One 425 Watt DSP Amp made by Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY with DSP. Includes Bluetooth Audio Streaming, AUX and an IPOD connector. DSP is Digital Signal Processors. The important part of this system is the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY with DSP which Rockford Fosgate has 3 different 3Sixty AMPs. The 3Sixty.1, 3Sixty.2 and the newest 3Sixty.3. They all seem to do the same things but not sure what the difference is between the three. I believe it’s just like saying the IPhone 3G and IPhone 4 and IPhone 4s. They all have pretty much the same features but different design and different processors. Of course the newer one is going to have the newest software. I am explaining all of this because here is the pricing for these three.

3Sixty.1 $250
3Sixty.2 $320 to $350
3Sixty.3 $600

So if you’re fine with your current audio sound and just want to add the Bluetooth audio streaming or AUX. Just have one of these Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY AMPs installed. You can buy it and have CarToys, Best Buy or any audio place to install but Rockford Fosgate does have a list of local dealers you may want to try. From what I can see these Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY are special APMs and need to be tweaked by a professional who is very familiar with the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.

I hate my cheap factory audio system which I found was made by Clarion. So I want the premium sound. I believe it’s going to cost me about $1000 in parts, accessories and installation and it may take 4 to 5 hours to install.

NOTE: Rockford Fosgate is not the only company to offer a DSP AMP. You can get a DSP Amp from other companies. From what I have found Rockford Fosgate is the only one who makes a DSP AMP with Bluetooth streaming. Most others only have AUX. That is fine also because you can buy a Sony MW600 or Samsung HS300. These are small Bluetooth 3.5MM headphone and AUX Bluetooth adapters. You can connect them to headphone or AUX cable and stream you music. They are fairly cheap and can be used to make calls and stream music. I have the Sony because I can use it with AUX in a car or my home audio system and when I am out on a Jog or working out.
It’s a shame that Suzuki is not as informed but now you are. I hope this was helpful and also added some helpful links below so you don’t have to go on a big Google search.

Rockford Fosgate

Rockford Fosgate

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC8IWH/AudioControl-LC8i-White.html?tp=37274

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161EPICEPG/The-Epicenter-Plus-by-AudioControl-Gray.html?tp=37274

·
Registered
14 Posts
I find a kind of this system on the internet, i think it is great and cheap. It has many functionS. such as AUX and Bluetooth Audio streaming. touchscreen, digital TV tuner GPS navigation, PIP, Bluetooth car kit, Radio, support steering wheel controls . One of my friends had insatlled one.He feel it is great. so,if your guys are looking for audio system , You can go to here:Happyshoppinglife

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a 2012 SLS AWD with the NAV unit -

However, for some odd reason, it will only let me connect the Phone via Bluetooth but NO AD2P option is given (trying to pair to an Iphone 5s) :confused:

When I go to the BT setup screen I only see 3 lines (not 4 lines as per the manual, one for the AD2P) What am I doing wrong? Does this NAV model doesn't do BT streaming? - Should I reset the unit? Is there a Firmware update?

my iPhone's Bluetooth page sees the Kiz' NAV - It lists it as DNX6020UA3

I only see:

HFP
PIN
BT Front or all

Nothing else. Phone works fine, no BT streaming.

One last question - is there a way to display TIME in the center cluster? Hate the clock in the NAV, just thrown together in the Audio screen

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It lists it as DNX6020UA3

I only see:

HFP
PIN
BT Front or all

Nothing else. Phone works fine, no BT streaming.

One last question - is there a way to display TIME in the center cluster? Hate the clock in the NAV, just thrown together in the Audio screen
Did you get the Kenwood user manual with the vehicle? That might explain why (perhaps your phone isn't compatible for A2DP?) I can get my HTC to connect for both to my Kenwood - but it's a different model Kenwood to what you've got.

Their also might be a firmware upgrade available that will update the head unit to work.

Kenwood - Car Entertainment Support - have a look here for owner's manual and firmware updates ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
CONFIRMED -I called Kenwood North America. the Kenwood NAV OEM unit on the 2012 Kizashi (the one with Sirius/XM) model number DNX6020UA3 (same as Kenwood DNX6020) does NOT do Bluetooth streaming, which is moronic as apparently earlier and later models did have AD2P. WTF Kenwood/Suzuki?? - this is a 2012 vehicle! even with the latest firmware, it doesnt support AD2P - does anyone have the Kenwood NAV on the 2012? check the model number (via BT pairing) and let me know, please.

The later versions of the Kizashi NAV (late 2012, 2013) does do BT streaming, it no longer has Sirius/XM. But not having BT music streaming is lame and makes me want to use one of those Android-based NAVs compatible. Anyone has experience on the non-oem NAV units out there?

This is extremely frustrating. I went out of my way and budget to get the 2012 with Nav, and after living with the Nav for 3 days, it is the most frustrating UI ever. The UI looks like shit, the buttons are confusing and busy, can't believe Kenwood couldn't do it better 2 years ago. The restrictions on car movement when inputting info in the Nav suck (and other vehicles do it different) and the Maps Garmin experience is no better than a phone.

The unit does do Phone BT pairing fairly well, and has a USB and iPhone 4s connector. Will try later connecting the iPhone 5 via USB and also a BT USB adaptor. But it shouldn't be this way.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yes the UI on my Kenwood sucks as well. It looks like some amateur programmer on work experience came up with it. :rolleyes: This is mine Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | Bluetooth > DNX7260BT - it was the Aussie GPS option up to 2011.

The Garmin GPS side of it is okay, but misses out on basic stuff like overspeed warnings and it isn't compatible with Garmins own Cyclops traffic camera warnings. My Android phone with Sygic has a lot better features. :mad:

It's apparently capable of reading SMS's off some phones - but not compatible with mine.

Be careful if you do any firmware upgrades. I did one and found out Kenwood had disable the continuous volume up/down function if you held down the steering wheel volume buttons. You had to continuously toggle the buttons- but they had a time out for each push and would "lock up" if you tried to do it too quick. You're unable to go back in firmware versions so they wanted money for me to send it in to revert it back to the older firmware!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts