Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Im wondering if anyone can help me? I current have a jimmy stuck in france and am unable to get the spare key for it. Im basically wondering is it possible to get the car started even if it means replacing the ignition barrel steering lock once back in the UK? getting pretty desperate now as I'm up in Morzine and the nearest suzuki dealer is an hour away!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,869 Posts
Only an hour away? :confused: You are very fortunate, if you ask me.

It is either them, over-night post of the spare key or a Locksmith. ;)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
There isn't any simple way to get it going again, a replacement key will need to be paired to the immobiliser.

·
Registered
616 Posts
...and the spare key is locked in your place of residence, right?

From what Rhinoman's comments indicate, it is probably going to easier for you to get someone to retrieve the spare key from your home and send it via overnight post to you.

Have your house key copied, send it to a friend who retrieves the spare key and sends it and the spare back to you in the overnight post.

That is going to be cheaper and less of a hassle than trying to bypass the immobiliser...

Another suggestion would b to have the Jimny towed to the nearest Suzuki dealer...

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
That is going to be cheaper and less of a hassle than trying to bypass the immobiliser...

The immobiliser can't be bypassed, the immo must receive the correct codes from the key and if the ECU doesn't receive the correct codes from the immo then it won't enable fuelling.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The immobiliser can't be bypassed, the immo must receive the correct codes from the key and if the ECU doesn't receive the correct codes from the immo then it won't enable fuelling.
See? What Rhinoman sez! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts