Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 1.2 SZ5 Dualjet SHVS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife was looking at a 2017 Ignis Hybrid and found it was better to buy a brand new one for £1328 more, so she gets 3 years warranty, AA cover etc, we have found the Ignis is great but the exhaust needs a trim, has anyone fitted one? This wasn't on the option / accessories list. Also we like the new grill from the 2021 model so will look at getting that if it isn't too expensive.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Unless the 2017 Ignis was vastly overpriced - you've had an incredible deal on a new Ignis at £1300 more than a 3 year old car.. With respect to an upgraded tailpipe - there are a myriad of options, but in the UK, I'd always go for stainless steel rather than chrome. The original tailpipe is a short turndown pipe so you could fit an oversize straight or downturned trim. Alternatively you could cut off the downturn and fit a smaller trim either bolt-on or welded. It's usual to keep the protrusion to as minimum to minimise damage to the exhaust system or cat in the event of being rear ended.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome to this forum.

I'm surprised by the prices too - were you comparing like with like? My SZ5 has gone up 26% since I bought it new 2 years ago.

I think a tailpipe trim goes against the ethos of an Ignis - Keep It Simple...

·
Registered
22 Posts
A suggestion to improve the look of the car..............................remove the boy racer exhaust trim! It's got the same charm as the used nappy that looks to have been shot out of the exhaust!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts