Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered new oxygen sensors for my H25 Grand vitara.
Can anyone tell me of an easy way to get to the plugs to unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones.
I think I can see the plugs on a metal bracket on the rear of the engine but there is not much room there to get them undone.
Is the wiring loom long enough to just cut the wires at the sensors and join the new ones in with joiners?
thanks
Pete

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Band aids and a mirror are your friends. The wiring isn't long enough. Its a real pain, but they can be unplugged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondering whether the heat shield on the exhaust manifold needs to be taken off the get the passenger side sensor out of if it is easier to get that one from underneath.
Any tips welcome
Pete

·
Registered
2005 1.6 GV 3 dr Auto
93 Posts
For inspecting 'difficult to see' areas on gliders we use a little fibreoptic unit which gives a picture using mobile phone,I cannot remember which type we bought but it was quite cheap and worked reasonably well.
The optic cable end can be wedged or taped into position to give a 'live' video of the area being worked on.

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
I have a cheap endoscope about $70 off ali that I find invaluable as it has a light, end and side camera all self contained and rechargeable

Yes, heat shield off does give you slightly more room

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
See the O2 thread sourced from the top FAQ section here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts