Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter 2007 Suzuki Forenza got an overheat and one hose from engine to heat system got damaged. I had it replaced today and the car is running good again. I drove the car and also let the engine running in idle to see if engine electric fans will turn on. I left it in idle for about 25 minutes.
I saw the fan of the passenger side turning on and off while the engine was running in idle.
I DID NOT see the driver side fan turning on at any time while the car was in idle.
I do not know if it is supposed to be like that or if it is some problem.
Could someone give me some help before I turn the car back to my daughter?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
From what I remember the stock fans should run in parallel ... they have 2 speeds either high or low. When the one fan comes on, does it come on at a high speed (sounds loud)?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The fans are set up to switch via a relay from series (low speed) to parallel (high speed).
My driver side fan also failed and I replaced it.
Have the fan tested individually. Unplug it and connect +12V to the blue wire and negative (ground) to the black wire. Be sure to keep your distance from the fan blades!
Replace it if it does not spin.
If it spins, plug it back in and replace the relay. It is next to the driver side fan mounted on the steel frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts