1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats pretty cool ,Yet a bit harsh Not giving newzealanders a freeking heater.Even mine has kick ass heat

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought I'd share this article:

Suzuki Farmworker Flatdeck 4x4 | Farm Trader New Zealand

The Samurai pick-up is still being sold in New Zealand :D I would really like a new one to replace my very rusty 1986 SJ413KJA.
Man, I hear ya! Japanese cars of that era were prone to rust. I had a '86 JX for 12 years in the Midwest (Chicago)USA, washed it and waxed it regularly, and it was pretty rusty at the end of it's days. I wish I had held on to it because I've got the bug to own one again!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thats pretty cool ,Yet a bit harsh Not giving newzealanders a freeking heater.Even mine has kick ass heat
When we bought our first Jeep CJ5, in 1963, heater, passenger seat and mud/snow tires were an option. A roll bar was not available and I know we didn't have seat belts, either.
When I bought my 1973 CJ5, heater was standard equipment, but passanger seat, mud/snow tires were optional and there was no option for a radio. Roll bar not included and standard tires were some thin highway treads. It did have seat belts.:D

This Suzuki looks pretty plush, compared to the old days. Boy, have we gotten soft and sissy?:p

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that they leave out all that stuff to keep the price low, they are competing with quads and farm bikes. Its a pity its not road legal, I drove a G13BB engine Samurai in Turkey and it went well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think that they leave out all that stuff to keep the price low, they are competing with quads and farm bikes. Its a pity its not road legal, I drove a G13BB engine Samurai in Turkey and it went well.
I suppose so. Our '63 CJ5 cost $1 a pound. Total was $2300. My '73 cost me $3800, with optional passanger seat, rear lsd, 304 V8 and rear draw bar. Standard hiway tires and heater.

I'd buy the Suzuki in a minute, if they were available here. Arizona allows quads to by licensed for street use, except for freeways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts