Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is offering me his suzuki every turbo as he's going to migrate to NZ late this year. Is this a good buy? How much is the prevailing market price of a 2nd hand unit?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm well depending on the model, engine, and year prices can range from 50,000 to around 170,000 pesos (hehe are you from the Philippines?) anyway my friend had a turbo installed on his zuki and in fairness it added a little zip to it, but from personal experience i tend to steer away from engines with turbo. The turbo definitely adds more wear and tear to our small zuki engines. Also spare parts may be an issue with your engine. Also the gearing ratios for our zukis sucks meaning even if you have more zip to your zuki, you're still limited by your transmission. If you do decide to pick up your friend's zuki, better get a spare engine just in case. you can get one for about 15Th anyway. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very nice and clean. Just as long as the engine is running well and it isn't burning oil than go for it. Anyway when and if you do acquire it make sure to do a full tune up. Most importantly change the timing belt right away. Our little zuki engines tend to be harsh on the timing belt. When ever i get a second hand, i always change the timing belt because i don't want to rely on the history that the previous owner gives. (but it is your friend after all). And always get original suzuki parts whenever possible. Well good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts