Suzuki Forums banner

Suzuki Every DA64V Engine oil

21K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  charlie4wellness 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a 2007 Suzuki Every DA64V with a non-turbo K6A engine with 125,000 kms. I am not sure about the engine oil grade that is recommended by Suzuki itself, so i have been using SAE 40 graded oil. And the engine already is burning oil, because, i suspect, of a leak through the Valve seals.
Then I saw Scotty Kilmers video where he said its not a good idea to usr thick oil for DOHC & VVT engines.
I asked my friend who has a newer year DA64 every, who uses 5W30 fully synthetic oil. But the store guy said that since my engine is old 15W40 will be fine.
Since i dont have the Owners manual, i am at a cross road here. I'd appreciate some help on this matter.
Thanks in Advance.

#2 ·
toss 5W-30 or 10W30 in it and see how much it burns. SAE40 is way too thick for it

Reactions: sootikka
#4 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a 2007 Suzuki Every DA64V with a non-turbo K6A engine with 125,000 kms. I am not sure about the engine oil grade that is recommended by Suzuki itself, so i have been using SAE 40 graded oil. And the engine already is burning oil, because, i suspect, of a leak through the Valve seals.
Then I saw Scotty Kilmers video where he said its not a good idea to usr thick oil for DOHC & VVT engines.
I asked my friend who has a newer year DA64 every, who uses 5W30 fully synthetic oil. But the store guy said that since my engine is old 15W40 will be fine.
Since i dont have the Owners manual, i am at a cross road here. I'd appreciate some help on this matter.
Thanks in Advance.
Hi..i am using a 2008 da64w turbo AT..i am using a castrol fully synthetic magnatec 5w30..i have no problem until..i used to change my engine oil every 10,000km..it runs smoothly and engine is so quite while on a neutral mode..even though i am living in a tropical country here in the Phillppines..no problem my second hand suzuki wagon converted from right hand drive to left hand drive since this a surplus that comes from Japan..i love my my mini van..its 143,266 km as of this writing..

#7 ·
My 2002 DA62V has a K6A engine with 259xxx Kms. I bought it used with about 235xxx Kms on it. I do all my own maintenance and I was using 20-50 oil as my Old School thoughts were that the thicker oil would be better as I live in the Philippines. It had started to smoke badly on cold startup so I thought it would need valve seals. As I was searching for parts needed, it came due for an oil change. The place I normally bought oil was out of 20-50 so I bought 5-30 figuring I would change back to 30-50 when I did the seals. Within a short time, the symptoms of bad valve seals disappeared so I did not do the valve seals and continue to use 5-30 oil. This happened about 4 or so years ago and have had no more problems. I concluded that the manufacturer new best as to the oil to be used in their engine design.

Fred

#8 ·
Hi Guys, I have a 2007 Suzuki Every DA64V with a non-turbo K6A engine with 125,000 kms. I am not sure about the engine oil grade that is recommended by Suzuki itself, so i have been using SAE 40 graded oil. And the engine already is burning oil, because, i suspect, of a leak through the Valve seals. Then I saw Scotty Kilmers video where he said its not a good idea to usr thick oil for DOHC & VVT engines. I asked my friend who has a newer year DA64 every, who uses 5W30 fully synthetic oil. But the store guy said that since my engine is old 15W40 will be fine. Since i dont have the Owners manual, i am at a cross road here. I'd appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks in Advance.
In my experience the best oil for k6a engine non turbo manual transmission is 5w30 fully synthetic, I've change oil every 10k km or yearly which ever come first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.