Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 1998 Suzuki Esteem and have a problem with the auto door lock and need some help.
Its been working perfectly up to a few days ago until one day using the key remote to unlock the door stopped working. The batteries in the key remote are good and the light goes on when pressed though I get nothing from the door locks to open or close.
Any suggestions where to start trouble-shooting? or where to check first?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
811 Posts
This wasn't a normal option on the Esteem unless is was an option on the GLX version of the car, do you have the GLX version or was this something that was added to the car later?

But regarding troubleshooting if none of the doors are unlocking it sounds like the control unit for it blew a fuse, if the car came from the factory with auto locks you are going to want to check under the dash or near the battery for the fuse for it.

If it was added to the car later you will want to look for a fuse holder that was spliced into a main power feed, it could (also) be under the dash or near the battery.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also, I notice if I let my battery get too low the central locking is one of the first things to go. You may want to check your battery as well for voltage, corrosion, and good connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts