Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be a multi-dealer with kia, mitsu, suzuki, ect...but the suzuki dealer moved on its own across the street. Within 6 months it already shut down, now the closest dealer is 15miles away and through a very congested area (at least a 30min drive). This is riduculous! I live in Phx, Arizona....its a huge city and I have to drive at least 30mins for a suzuki dealer? I'd be extreamly pissed if I went there more than once a year...but still I feel bad for an other owners in my area.

It seams to me the suzuki reno/forenza is much much less popular in my city then every other big city in the US...wounder why?

Just thought I'd vent here as this kinda worrys me.

Danny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
the closet actually Suzuki dealer to me is like around 45mins to an 1 hr from my house and that's with minimal traffic. there's a multi dealership with other types of vehicles but they only carry the Suzuki trucks no Reno's or Forenza "SUCKS" for me. so that means I would have to drive 45-1 hr just to get my battery top clip........called and they could order me one or just get me one off a show car for 10-20 buck funny huh.....just for a positive plastic battery clip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
I live like 15 minutes from the head quarters of Suzuki America. For a long time there was no Suzuki car dealer close by (there are bike ones but they are multi dealers). In 2005 when I got my car one finally opened up in my city, but it owned by the guy who owns the Dodge dealership next door, and therefore I would have to go to the Dodge dealer to get my car fix. So I go to one a bit farther away (15 to 30 minutes away) to get my car fix as it is a primary Suzuki dealer, they do sell commerical trucks and they are now selling Kia's, but the main lot is Suzuki.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
the closest one to me is in santa ana i think.... thats like 45 min
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
jurupa said:
I live like 15 minutes from the head quarters of Suzuki America. For a long time there was no Suzuki car dealer close by (there are bike ones but they are multi dealers). In 2005 when I got my car one finally opened up in my city, but it owned by the guy who owns the Dodge dealership next door, and therefore I would have to go to the Dodge dealer to get my car fix.
I know that one. Got my car's Bra there
zerocool said:
the closest one to me is in santa ana i think.... thats like 45 min
I tend to go to Ceritios auto center. That one is a Mitsubishi, Izuzu, Suzuki, but they use to be Deawoo,and still are open for Deawoo repair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Well I know of only two dealerships in the area that do Suzuki. One is like 20 minutes away due to traffic and the other is 40 to 45 Minutes away. You would think they would have one out on Virginia Beach Blvd. cause that is car city. They have dealerships everywhere like one after another all down that stretch of road, but not yet seen a suzuki.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
colton615 said:
lucky you, you could work there if you needed to
Awww, that wasnt nice

I do wish that they could make some more dealers around here that deals with suzuki. No wonder those cars arnt so popular. You think if they actually made more dealers it would bring in more customers to be interested in our car, then our car wouldnt be so low end anymore..lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Awww, that wasnt nice

I do wish that they could make some more dealers around here that deals with suzuki. No wonder those cars arnt so popular. You think if they actually made more dealers it would bring in more customers to be interested in our car, then our car wouldnt be so low end anymore..lmao
Its the economics of the thing. Opening a car dealership is not cheap by anymeans, running a brand like Suzuki is a lot higher risk than running a Toyota one. Just because they built it does not mean people will come and buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
jurupa said:
Its the economics of the thing. Opening a car dealership is not cheap by anymeans, running a brand like Suzuki is a lot higher risk than running a Toyota one. Just because they built it does not mean people will come and buy.
This is why you woant see a Suzuki only dealer, but one with multible brands
Might be a large brand and a smaller brand, like one out here that is primaraly a Dodge dealer, with a small side Suzuki
Or it will be one thats multible small, Like the Mitsubishi Izuzu Suzuki out here. Sure, Mitsubishi is large now, but they wern't always. That Dealer use to be a Deawoo dealer also. You will still see alot of Deawoos there for service. Thats the gamble for the small dealers. They could go big, or go bust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Zipper said:
This is why you woant see a Suzuki only dealer, but one with multible brands
Might be a large brand and a smaller brand, like one out here that is primaraly a Dodge dealer, with a small side Suzuki
Or it will be one thats multible small, Like the Mitsubishi Izuzu Suzuki out here. Sure, Mitsubishi is large now, but they wern't always. That Dealer use to be a Deawoo dealer also. You will still see alot of Deawoos there for service. Thats the gamble for the small dealers. They could go big, or go bust
Actually the one out in Suffolk, VA. "Mike Duman", they use to do other cars, but now they only specialize in Suzukis and sale them, but still sale used cars that people might trade in for the suzuki.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
Zipper said:
This is why you woant see a Suzuki only dealer, but one with multible brands
Might be a large brand and a smaller brand, like one out here that is primaraly a Dodge dealer, with a small side Suzuki
Or it will be one thats multible small, Like the Mitsubishi Izuzu Suzuki out here. Sure, Mitsubishi is large now, but they wern't always. That Dealer use to be a Deawoo dealer also. You will still see alot of Deawoos there for service. Thats the gamble for the small dealers. They could go big, or go bust
The dealer in Santa Ana use to be Suzuki only with commerical truck sales on the side for a long time. It is only recently they got the Kia's, but there is so few of them I don't know if it is to test things out or what. But they are building a new building tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
ya where i got my car was called "suzuki depot" and only sold suzuki's and used trade ins of other cars at the time... they had TONS of forenzas
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top