Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently purchased a model of Suzuki that doesn't seem to exist on this website :/. It's a Suzuki Celerio, essentially the successor to the Alto. It's a "City" spec model which like the SZ2 model does have central locking but not remote central locking as standard, i.e doesn't come with a key fob.

I purchased a Chinese keyfob off Ebay with the ID47 chip (according to the internet the Celerio used ID47)
but the car does not seem to enter programming mode when I attempt to follow the programming guide, the locks don't cycle indicating the car doesn't register my request for it to enter programming mode.

The advice online is to:

Step 1
Close all of your car's door. Enter the vehicle with your key and remote, leaving the driver's door open.
Step 2
Insert your key and turn it to the "On" position and back to "Off."

Step 3
Close and open the driver's door three times. Insert and remove the key again.
Step 4
Wait for the locks to automatically cycle. Press and hold the "Unlock" button on your remote.
Hold the button until the locks cycle again. This completes the programming procedure.

However, this procedure evokes no reaction from the car whatsoever, it just doesn't register.
I don't have an existing programmed fob, only this new unprogrammed one, could this be the issue? if so how would I workaround it?
Is the car capable of remote central locking? I mean it can lock/unlock all doors from the driver door remotely and it has a remote lock/unlock button inside the car, so presumably the only difference between this and the SZ3 is the absence of a remote as standard?

I just don't get it.
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
no, there will be no remote locking controller in the car itself. the central locking relies on mechanical turning of the key to activate a switch to unlock the other doors using motors, and he button in the car does the same thing.
the remote uses a transmitter in the remote, and a reciever in the car. without the factory receiver / security module you will never get the remote fob to work. These were not fitted AFAIK to those models so remote lock and unlock is not possible unless you fit an aftermarket system to do this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, there will be no remote locking controller in the car itself. the central locking relies on mechanical turning of the key to activate a switch to unlock the other doors using motors, and he button in the car does the same thing.
the remote uses a transmitter in the remote, and a reciever in the car. without the factory receiver / security module you will never get the remote fob to work. These were not fitted AFAIK to those models so remote lock and unlock is not possible unless you fit an aftermarket system to do this.
Oh great! how complicated is it to fit an aftermarket system?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
how good are you with a multimeter? Soldering skills and wire tracing? If you're nit that bad then it is relatively straight forward but time consuming and fiddly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how good are you with a multimeter? Soldering skills and wire tracing? If you're nit that bad then it is relatively straight forward but time consuming and fiddly.
Eh I'll just keep using the key in the door then stuff that! with my old K11 Micra all I had to do was buy a fob and program it in, damn Suzuki cost cutting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts