Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a problem with my suzuki celerio 2010 which after battery replacement the engine start take so long and I have to press accelerator pedal for it to start and also doesn't keep idle it shuts off.
After searching I found that this is the for a lot of suzuki models after battery disconnection and have to do the idle relearn steps.
But after hours of research I couldn't find steps for idle relearn for this model.
This problem is annoying me and it only happened after the battery have been disconected i hope that someone show me the correct method for relearn as soon as possible
My car is manual transmission and don't have A/C
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,711 Posts
When the battery is disconnected the ECU returns to manufacturer settings, it loses ALL learned behavior..

One of the setting is the throttle position is reset to where is was when clean and new, you now have a residue built up inside the TB, this cuts off the inducted air..
Before you try to start a relearn strategy it is advisable to clean the TB and throttle plate..

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Or its forgotten its 7% idle position if it's a throttle by wire system. If it's a cable throttle, TV clean is most certainly recommended

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the advise
I will clean the TB and the TP
Can you show me the steps needed for relearn ? So if the cleaning didn't solve the issue I try to relearn the idle position

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Disconnect battery, wait 10 minutes minimum.
Reconnect battery
DO NOT TOUCH ANY PEDALS
Ign on, wait 40 seconds
Start car
Esp light if fitted will go out after about 200 meters of straight line driving.
This resets 0, 7 and 100% points on throttle and also resets fuel trims. Economy will be rubbish for a tank or do until it releases mixture control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After cleaning the TP and TB and doing the calibration nothing has changed I don't know what to do dight now
Also I noticed that the car gas consumption is too much (the injectors inject too much even the new ones have the same problem)
What diagnostic software can diagnose Suzuki celerio since I couldn't find celerio in Autocom

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,711 Posts
If you have a scanner with live date, use the standard OBDII and check the B1S1 for switching with no bias, the the fuel trims at idle and 3000 rpm in graph form and post results..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts