Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please confirm the correct clearances for F6A engine? If I am not mistaken, I think it was 0.08mm IN, 0.10mm EX (cold engine). I had my Carry's valves adjusted, but the mechanic set the valve clearance to 0.05 (both intake and exhaust), his reason was "because it is an old engine, to compensate with the wear and tear that occured in its lifetime".

1. What are the pros (if there are any) and cons of having both IN and EX valves set at 0.05? Does that make my engine go hot faster than usual? Increased performance? Or did the mechanic just increased the rate of wear and tear?

2. If I have the valves set at correct clearances, will it make my engine run with less strain than having them at 0.05mm?

If you are wondering where I am from, I'm from Philippines, the land of shadetree mechanics. :p

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Set to correct clearances, your mechanic is spouting rubbish. You run a risk of burning valves if the clearances are too tight, not to mention economy and rough running and possibly hard starting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts