Suzuki Forums banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
85 Posts
Thanks, I had already been there but couldn't see where to turn the function on and wondered if this applied to me?
Notes: f This function is only available if the device is equipped with a speed limit information system.
I have done some deep digging and it seems I may have misinformed you (sorry!) Evidently speed limit display was only added in firmware 1840 so anything later will work.

1880 is the newest firmware I can vouch for (I use it and all seems ok with it - updated straight from 0850 to 1880) however 1890 is now available (I've not updated to it but not seen any reported issues)

·
Registered
Suzuki Swift Boosterjet 1 litre SZ5
44 Posts
When updating the firmware the instructions say:
2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

Do they really mean insert USB-stick or can this be an SD card inserted in the Maps slot?

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara )

(Please note this is at your own discretion, in pretty much all instances everything goes as expected, but there is always a small but inherent risk involved when flashing firmware on any device)

Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes quite a while- I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns gray with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don't have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done , it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data
Hello! I'm going through the same process. Downloading the zip file, do I have to go in to each folder and unzip each file? Or just extract the first zip folder?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all,

Does someone want to share the information to compile and configure the source code of the infotainment downloaded from the BOSCH website?
I know there is always someone doing it for us and share the installable version, but I would like to learn how to do it myself. I have some programming skills and I know how to modify and compile/configure software written in C/C++

Thanks for your time.
Regards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Should work I have done mine , 1780 now have android auto Suzuki Vitara 2017 turbo ...... From Australia ......
Quick question using a usb stick, when deleting the usb of previous info what do I select to format it before I copy the update files to it? I’m using a Mac so there are a few options? Just wondering as I get the red screen of death when updating saying incompatible software. I’m in Australia driving a 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport. I’ve tried 1770 & 1780 without success. My current version is 1760.2 and nothing I seem to do works so far….

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question using a usb stick, when deleting the usb of previous info what do I select to format it before I copy the update files to it? I’m using a Mac so there are a few options? Just wondering as I get the red screen of death when updating saying incompatible software. I’m in Australia driving a 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport. I’ve tried 1770 & 1780 without success. My current version is 1760.2 and nothing I seem to do works so far….
You can reformat , what i did was open the folder with the update , then copy all onto the usb stick , Cant see why it wont work ..... I formatted the usb stick on a windows computer not sure if that could be the problem ? ...... let me know how you go .....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Might try to reformat the usb stick using my work computer which is PC. See whether that makes a difference. As my SLDA unit software is 1760.2 then the updates for my region should be 1770 then 1780. It’s so frustrating. Trying to work out if it’s something wrong I’m doing or if the actual software isn’t correct for Australia?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might try to reformat the usb stick using my work computer which is PC. See whether that makes a difference. As my SLDA unit software is 1760.2 then the updates for my region should be 1770 then 1780. It’s so frustrating. Trying to work out if it’s something wrong I’m doing or if the actual software isn’t correct for Australia?
No you can go straight to 1780 from the link I sent you ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the software on a usb stick I dont know where you are Im in Sans souci if your close let me know .....

161 - 180 of 184 Posts