Suzuki Forums banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
12,454 Posts
What is the difference between 1860 and 1890?

I upgraded it now to 1890. Now when i start car can't see S logo anymore
Thats because you have used a generic update, not a factory update that will contain the factory logo.

Reactions: uffe_workouts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ho guys. I have the 1880 should I upgrade on the 1890? I searched for info but I was not able to find where are the files for the 1890 and what are the changes from the 1880.
Idk if I can ask here but did somebody bought an adaptor usb for wireless android auto? I am searching around but I don't want to buy one type that maybe would not work properly.
Thanks to who will answer!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ho guys. I have the 1880 should I upgrade on the 1890? I searched for info but I was not able to find where are the files for the 1890 and what are the changes from the 1880.
Idk if I can ask here but did somebody bought an adaptor usb for wireless android auto? I am searching around but I don't want to buy one type that maybe would not work properly.
Thanks to who will answer!!
I upgraded it yesterday and working well. Here is download link

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay so I have a Suzuki Swift Sport 2018 in Australia. I have attempted multiple times to update the software of the Bosch infotainment system. I will attach the system specs of Software version & Software version label. All I get is the red screen advising that 'Incompatible software about to be updated. Aborting...'. I've tried updating to 1780 & 1890 as suggested on another forum but both give me the same error message. From what I've read 1780 seems to be the correct one but maybe not for my region? I downloaded the zip files and extracted the 14 files, copied them to a USB stick FAT32 as instructed. If anyone has advice, a fix or can direct me to a download that is correct for my unit/region that would be awesome!
World Organism Font Display device Astronomical object
Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay so I have a Suzuki Swift Sport 2018 in Australia. I have attempted multiple times to update the software of the Bosch infotainment system. I will attach the system specs of Software version & Software version label. All I get is the red screen advising that 'Incompatible software about to be updated. Aborting...'. I've tried updating to 1780 & 1890 as suggested on another forum but both give me the same error message. From what I've read 1780 seems to be the correct one but maybe not for my region? I downloaded the zip files and extracted the 14 files, copied them to a USB stick FAT32 as instructed. If anyone has advice, a fix or can direct me to a download that is correct for my unit/region that would be awesome! View attachment 105483 View attachment 105484
Hi! Are you sure that u have usb 2.0 stick? Not 3.0?

·
Registered
12,454 Posts
1890 is Europe, wont work in our units, I think 1780 is as far as you can go, but I'm not completely sure.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
85 Posts
Change log taken from motor-talk.de

Bosch SLDA firmware 1890

(2) The following operations have been improved with recent software updates.

a) The exact current vehicle position was not displayed.

b) The image from the rear view camera was not displayed correctly.

c) Operation of the touch panel may become impossible when a USB memory is inserted.

d) SLDA wouldn't turn on/off, restarted automatically and froze because the task process failed.

e) SLDA restarted when searching for POI.

f) The manually set time was automatically reset.

g) CarPlay may not be automatically corrected at system startup.

h) The SLDA unit may freeze when the mobile phone (no music included) is over

Bluetooth is connected and then Bluetooth audio is selected in the MODE button on the steering wheel remote control

i) When driving at night, the screen may become bright for a moment.

j) The TA (Traffic Announcement) icon may display “x” (“x” means the function is not

available), although TA recognizes the station on the radio (FM, DAB). (only P02, P2, P90

)

k) When driving at an altitude between 1,000 m and 1,999 m, the message "1 km" is always displayed on the

screen displayed.

l) The music operation can be started after playing the last number in the music folder

become impossible under the condition that the repeat function is switched off.

m) While using voice control, Call<Contact> in the main menu may be grayed out, although a mobile

device that supports voice control is connected.

n) SLDA may restart repeatedly when connecting a mobile phone via Bluetooth, its phone book

contains certain characters such as ".", "-", "_", etc

. 3. CORRECTIVE ACTION

SLDA's operating software has been improved."

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
85 Posts
Is speed limit and other road sign addition to maps just a firmware update? If so what version provides this?

Thanks,

Peter
No it's not related to firmware.
As far as I can remember (I rarely use the built in satnav) speed limits are part of the map set on the SD card, but for things like speed cameras you will definitely need to add them as custom POI.

You will need a POI database like this Suzuki - I'm sure someone else will be along soon to point you towards other sources 👍

·
Registered
Suzuki Swift Boosterjet 1 litre SZ5
44 Posts
Thanks, I had already been there but couldn't see where to turn the function on and wondered if this applied to me?
Notes: f This function is only available if the device is equipped with a speed limit information system.
I can access all these screens but don't have a Show Speed Limits tick box even if I scroll..
Product Font Material property Screenshot Design

141 - 160 of 184 Posts