Suzuki Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
After almost 2 hours the Suzuki garage had the unit updated and Android Auto worked straight away. Previously when my phone was connected via USB the phone would display a notification saying Android auto connected but the infotainment unit did nothing. Now it shows the Android auto logo as soon as my phone is plugged in. It's a little laggy but better than nothing! The garage (Roadworthy, Bristol, UK) didn't charge me anything and even vacuumed out the footwells. Very impressed with their help and service.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like you're sorted. It's a little laggy on mine too. The nature of the beast. Have they been successful in you having a wireless connection or do you still have to use a USB cable - as mine has to and many others too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you're sorted. It's a little laggy on mine too. The nature of the beast. Have they been successful in you having a wireless connection or do you still have to use a USB cable - as mine has to and many others too.
Still got to use a cable. It seems to get slower the more tasks you give it. I typically use maps while streaming YouTube music and using assistant to send messages but all that working at the same time creates big lag. It makes using the assistant almost impossible. In my previous car which had an aftermarket Kenwood head unit Android auto worked without a hitch.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
You shouldn't be using an 18xx firmware on a unit for a region that uses 17xx versions - you're gonna end up having a bad time if you try a force update with the wrong firmware.

Unfortunately, Google will need to be your friend in the search for 1780 firmware (maybe try the Bosch SLDA portal)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You shouldn't be using an 18xx firmware on a unit for a region that uses 17xx versions - you're gonna end up having a bad time if you try a force update with the wrong firmware.

Unfortunately, Google will need to be your friend in the search for 1780 firmware (maybe try the Bosch SLDA portal)
Thanks. The Bosch site only provides uncompiled source. Google has not given me any joy either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi i have got a suzuki vitara 2017 1.6 allgrip the bosch infotainment system i think needs a update have not been updated from day i purchased it do i have to get it updated with a suzuki dealer or can i do this myself and if i can could some one tell me how to.
The othere thing is what is the latest update for the maps and could i buy a sd card from the internet to update the maps but i do not know what is the latest one is i would be very greatfull if i could get some help with this thanks for reading
Firmware update video

81 - 89 of 89 Posts