Suzuki Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
Hi the update won't start for me?? Any tips?
Hi,
Assuming that you are using a usb stick, make sure that you remove the SD card for the sat nav maps before plugging the usb stick in.
Check that the unzipped files from the download aren't in a folder on the USB stick.
Check that the usb stick is formatted to FAT32 and contains no other files than those from the download.
Try a different usb stick (not a usb3 one - you can tell if it's usb3 as the plastic tab inside the metal case of the plug will be blue)

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
46 Posts
If you are using the USB port I had problems with mine when I got it. It did not seem to work properly until I did the software update. I would recommend using an SD card for it. (Note you can use a micro SD card in an adaptor as I did, only a few pounds to buy a card with adaptor on Amazon).

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife uses Apple and I use android. Apple Carplay worked fine but android as a bit "cartoonish" when I did the update but it now seems to reflect exactly what you get with Apple. Same look and feel and apps.

Is there anyway to add apps to the set up .....say Youtube, and video calling withinj facebook....
Have read that video is not supported which is a shame.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
Adding non native AA apps like YouTube is possible but the methods that I've seen need you to root your android phone to achieve.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've never tried using SD, but as far as I am aware you can do it (unplug any usb drives first as I believe only SD or USB should be plugged in when doing the update, not both together)
Android auto should work fine as long as you follow the setup steps for AA properly after you have done the update.
Note: Android Auto does not always work. After Googling many sites to try to get a Huawei Y7 working - it does not. There is a note somewhere that a lot of phones will not work with Android Auto which I think is ludicrous in this day and age. Another half-baked app not fully tested.
It works fine with my Samsung A71 (connected to USB).
Please also note that many Infotainment units are not WiFi compatible for use with Android Auto and you will therefore perhaps only get it working with a USB connection.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
Note: Android Auto does not always work. After Googling many sites to try to get a Huawei Y7 working - it does not. There is a note somewhere that a lot of phones will not work with Android Auto which I think is ludicrous in this day and age. Another half-baked app not fully tested.
It works fine with my Samsung A71 (connected to USB).
Please also note that many Infotainment units are not WiFi compatible for use with Android Auto and you will therefore perhaps only get it working with a USB connection.
I had issues with my old Huawei P10 and AA but got it to work by enabling Developer Options and then USB debugging. Not had any issues with Samsung or OnePlus (tested in Suzuki, Vauxhall and Nissan) so could be as much a phone manufacturer issue as it is AA.
You could try one of these if you wanted to try adding wireless to AA:

·
Registered
49 Posts
@Veetaaraa

Glad you managed to get the update done.

I had to have USB debugging enabled on my old Huawei phone for Android Auto to work on our previous 16 plate Vauxhall Corsa, but don't need to on my current OnePlus phone for the Vitara.

May be a phone manufacturer related thing rather than a Suzuki / Android Auto thing (y)
Yes definitely an Android Auto thing...
Pretty sure debugging was envoked. Had the same thing with phones other than Samsung and they were USB debugging too as I install phone and computer operating systems as a hobby. I used to deal with computers and software at work and now do this at home.
Nope it's definitely an Android Auto thing.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
Been hacking and flashing ROMs for many years too and TBH Huawei were some of the most awkward and obstructive I've encountered for many things.

·
Registered
49 Posts
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara)
Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done, it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data
You will laugh at this... I can't for the life of me invoke 'System' from the 'Settings' option on my infotainment system (the Bosch type). I still downloaded and installed successfully the updated main system software.
Absolutely nothing has changed except the version number.
The laugh is that the map sdcard that I'm trying in vain to use says that the 'new' system version is older than the maps and I need to update it! Huh? The version downloaded and installed is AI_PRJ_SUZUKI_UG_EU_SOP8_LINUX_19.0S01.
The previous version was 17.xxx something.
So I'm no better off.
I can see others are having success. Lucky them.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
A firmware starting 7xx or 17xx is not for EU models, if your car is an EU model (i.e. Suzuki Magyar rather than Suzuki Maruti) the firmware needs to be a 8xx or 18xx version 👍🏻

·
Registered
49 Posts
A firmware starting 7xx or 17xx is not for EU models, if your car is an EU model (i.e. Suzuki Magyar rather than Suzuki Maruti) the firmware needs to be a 8xx or 18xx version 👍🏻
So you're saying that my car is not a UK model (version originally installed is 17.0S01) and that the software that I downloaded (version downloaded and installed 19.0S01 2003/1) and successfully installed from a link on here is not correct?
I'm confused. Is EU including the UK? Will my maps never work?
Thanks again for your insight.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
47 Posts
Hi,
17.0S01 isn't the SLDA software/firmware version, it's part of the software label - the version is listed on the top line of the 'software version' screen that is accessed after holding down the settings button for 10 sec (the software label is on the 2nd line)

https://up.picr.de/35415064de.jpg

All software/firmware revisions are listed here:

Suzuki Vitara for the European market (sorry, force of habit calling it the EU) are built in Hungary by the Suzuki Magyar subsidiary.

If your car is a European model the SLDA software/firmware version will begin either 8xx or 18xx depending how new the version is.

Suzuki Maruti build cars for the India and the software /firmware versions for that market begin 7xx or 17xx

Hope that helps clear up the confusion that we have encountered 👍🏻

·
Registered
10 Posts
Currently sat at a Suzuki main dealer after my update failed. I followed the instructions to the letter using a usb 2.0 flash drive - it got to 23% after around 20 mins and then froze for over 2 hours and now the system just says update failed and doesn't do anything. The garage are trying to sort it for me. Currently the car is sat with the battery disconnected as the infotainment isn't playing ball. I know they'll be additional tips from the forum (using SD card etc) that I could have tried but I did exactly as the original instructions stated and it failed. Just a warning to anyone else considering trying it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cheers, me too! I'll post an update once they've finished with it.
Most likely fault medium or software file. A new download/ copy will hopefully fix it for you.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts