Suzuki Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for this post on updating the software on the infotainment. I bought a 2018 S-Cross last month and could not connect my android phone. The dealer was useless, I asked if they could contact Suzuki to see how i might connect my phone and was told it should work and they reeled off a list of a dozen android phones that worked, clearly not mine. I called Suzuki who were as helpful as they could be but had no customer technical help and recommended I went to another dealer to try and help, but having found this post/forum I updated from the same old version in the post using the zipped file in the link and the update ran perfectly. It did wipe the radio presets as mentioned, but Auto Android and phone now working, and reprogramming my stored radio favourite stations is no problem

So thank you for the post and the link and I wanted to post a reply to help give anyone else the confidence to update and to say this update made the infotainment work with the latest android OS10 (I think) that has Auto Android automatically installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara)
Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done, it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data
Important note:

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

1.91 GB file on MEGA

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

I created this account to say a huge THANK YOU to Ticking_Fox. I have been trying to connect to AA for an year with different phones and settings. Nothing worked. I downloaded the file given above by Ticking_Fox and followed the steps he provided. My AA is working fine.
Thank you... thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

================================================

I tried all this and now my stereo just keeps going in a loop, rebooting nothing and does not turn on at all to play anything.
What to do when this has happened?

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
34 Posts
================================================

I tried all this and now my stereo just keeps going in a loop, rebooting nothing and does not turn on at all to play anything.
What to do when this has happened?
Not had this personally, but the one person that I've seen that had a similar problem turned the ignition off and left the car for a couple of hours, then when they turned the ignition back on later found that the headunit powered back on as normal and was able to retry the update - worth a try...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

It works!! When I got the car in June, I couldn't get my android phone to connect, and thought, this is a bit rubbish. I needed a new phone so switched to apple as my daughter's phone had worked. I revisited the problem again and upgraded and my son's android phone connected immediately. Mine still works thankfully. Thank you so much the garage weren't terribly helpful last year but you have sorted it.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
34 Posts
@Dochog

Glad all went well and you are up and running!

If you came from an early firmware release it does seem to take forever to complete.

I think the restart at 85% is caused by an incremental update needed before the newest firmware is loaded.

Enjoy Android Auto / Carplay 👍🏻

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to Ticking_fox for his update file and process to follow.
Just updated a 2017 Suzuki S Cross and auto android now works. Will have a play with the system now and see what other updates it has made.

Followed the instructions and used a memory card rather than a USB stick.
Auto sensed the update files and automatically started the update.
It does seem to do a few update interations rather than one big update.
Patience. It does work.
Some pictures of the update. Takes about 40 minutes all told. IMG_20210509_115815.jpg IMG_20210509_115832_1.jpg IMG_20210509_115835.jpg IMG_20210509_115108.jpg IMG_20210509_121035.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
34 Posts
@KenMavor glad all went well and that you are up and running with AA.
Thanks for confirming that SD works without issue as I've only ever used USB 👍

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
41 Posts
I did mine with an SD card after downloading the update from Vivavitara. It was a squeaky bum moment when it did not complete the first time but I just followed instructions to let it do it again and it was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

Just want to say THANKS we went exactly step by step i now have a working infotainment system in my Vitara 2017.
Thanks so

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

1880 is the latest software for europe? (I have a suzuki vitara s 2018)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts