Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Nope, you will need to find any updates from another site. Someone may have a link to a download tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I registered for an account just to say thank you so much for the update and guide. I just bought a 2017 Suzuki Ignis (UK) and have been trying for 3 days to get AA working, trying new cables, USB debug and nothing worked. I tried this as a last resort and AA came up straight away. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all

I updated the infotainment system using a larger file (3.4 Gb), that i downloaded in this link:

I am not sure why it is bigger in size than the one presented previously in this thread, but it worked, so...

My Android auto was not working but now seems to work flawlessly. Not sure if that was because of the suzuki system update, or my phone android update (i made both at the same time).

Does anyone know if there is any visible change in functions or settings from previous versions? I could not notice anything, besides the obvious one about AA now working.

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki Vitara LY JLX white
17 Posts
Just Had mine updated today. Being Pacific region my version was 750 so called in at a Suzuki dealership and he whipped out his USB while had a coffee and about 20 min all done. He said the they usually do a complementary update at the service time. Cost $20 NZ or about 10 quid. Works great even the sound quality sounds better. Very happy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Had mine updated today. Being Pacific region my version was 750 so called in at a Suzuki dealership and he whipped out his USB while had a coffee and about 20 min all done. He said the they usually do a complementary update at the service time. Cost $20 NZ or about 10 quid. Works great even the sound quality sounds better. Very happy
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara)
Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done, it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data
Hi,

From Portugal.
Thanks for existing 🙂.
Executed everything, even used a usb 3 usb stick. All went just fine. Evem my radio channels position were kept. And yes, the radio sounds better.
Suzuki Vitara S 4WD 2018.

Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Bosch SLDA unit is still being offered by Suzuki in their 2021 cars (at least here in the UK), so being a current model, I expect that firmware updates will continue to be released when needed.

Once the infotainment unit is no longer a current model, development work stops and new firmware is only released for bug fixing - and even this only until the new car warranty period expires.

So is 1890 (EU) around the corner....?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello community I just discovered this forum on google and I am very thankful to Ticking_Fox for providing detail instructions to update firmware on SLDA.

But I am in doubt. I have SLN firmware so I am wondering can I use this firmware to update my SLN unit or is this uopdate only for SLDA. I can not find anywhere update for SLN units. Please help me with info I dont want to mess something :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Important note:

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

1.91 GB file on MEGA

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Bosch SLDA unit is still being offered by Suzuki in their 2021 cars (at least here in the UK), so being a current model, I expect that firmware updates will continue to be released when needed.

Once the infotainment unit is no longer a current model, development work stops and new firmware is only released for bug fixing - and even this only until the new car warranty period expires.

So is 1890 (EU) around the corner....?
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

Many thanks 🥰

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Dads got a 2017 Vitara. When using the iPod through the infotainment it’s suddenly only listing tracks that begin with ‘A’. So hardly any songs are listed. Also when you do chose a song... it just plays the same one over and over. Would an update cure this? I’ve tried different leads etc. The iPod works in my car no issues at all.

Previous to this issue the buttons on the steering wheel stopped functioning and he had to have a new steering wheel. Thankfully the Suzuki dealer sorted this but we were without the car for 3 months. I must say I’m disappointed with the quality of the whole thing. One problem after another.

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki Vitara LY JLX white
17 Posts
Firstly I find Suzuki is the a very reliable car and all makes can have problems including some notorious ones from European makes including transmission woes from Ford and VW. Although your problem will be irritating it is hardly the end of the world and you say Suzuki is making efforts to replace the steering wheel. Regarding the music issue it may be user error in the set up so seeking further advise is clear. Personally I think the cars are great and in fact have just taken delivery of a new one to replace my 2016 model and have had zero problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely isn't user error. It used to work, but just suddenly stopped. Seeking further advice is why I'm here. He's had an older Vitara before this and currently has a Jimny too. Both mechanically very good as you say, as is the new Vitara. It's a lot of car for the money. Just the 'electrical gremlins' have been awful. Normally you take it with a pinch of salt but its literally been at the dealers more than home since he's bought it. I just feel bad for him. Having to choose a new album after every song ends would drive me up the wall. Small issue yes but for a music lover on a long journey, extremely annoying. At least his commute to work is only 5 minutes! I might look into getting the software updated or something. Fingers crossed it can get sorted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure about the issue with the unit only playing tracks that begin with letter 'A', but regarding the problem with it playing the same track over and over are you sure the 'repeat' function isn't selected?
There's a button that scrolls between playing the playlist in order, repeat or random.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about the issue with the unit only playing tracks that begin with letter 'A', but regarding the problem with it playing the same track over and over are you sure the 'repeat' function isn't selected?
There's a button that scrolls between playing the playlist in order, repeat or random.
Thanks for the advice and taking the time to reply, checked that button already :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Important note:

Whats needed?

1.91 GB file on MEGA

4 Insert the USB-stick.

Thank you so much worked first time on suzuki baleno and huwaewei phone!!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts