Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have got a suzuki vitara 2017 1.6 allgrip the bosch infotainment system i think needs a update have not been updated from day i purchased it do i have to get it updated with a suzuki dealer or can i do this myself and if i can could some one tell me how to.
The othere thing is what is the latest update for the maps and could i buy a sd card from the internet to update the maps but i do not know what is the latest one is i would be very greatfull if i could get some help with this thanks for reading

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
20 Posts
Don't pay Suzuki prices for the maps, I bought a 2019/2020 one off eBay for £23, works absolutely fine (it's not likely to be a genuine part, but at this price who cares so long as it works)

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
20 Posts
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara)
Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done, it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't pay Suzuki prices for the maps, I bought a 2019/2020 one off eBay for £23, works absolutely fine (it's not likely to be a genuine part, but at this price who cares so long as it works)
Hi thanks for the information will do that when you put the memory card in does it say it is installing or do you just put it in and run it as it is or do you install the maps from the card if so how do you do that thanks

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
20 Posts
Hi thanks for the information will do that when you put the memory card in does it say it is installing or do you just put it in and run it as it is or do you install the maps from the card if so how do you do that thanks
Hi, the maps are run from the card, just swap your old map card for the new one and that's it (I'm pretty sure that you can't do it when the unit is turned on though)

As far as I know the actual sat Nav software is updated with the SLDA firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, the maps are run from the card, just swap your old map card for the new one and that's it (I'm pretty sure that you can't do it when the unit is turned on though)

As far as I know the actual sat Nav software is updated with the SLDA firmware.
Hi will do that and thanks again for all your help(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I updated mine recently and it works fine, however I find using google maps via Carplay is much more user friendly (Just incase you haven't tried it).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I updated mine recently and it works fine, however I find using google maps via Carplay is much more user friendly (Just incase you haven't tried it).
Hi thanks for letting me know dont use the car play much it connects sometimes then it does not had the unit updated with suzuki for free havent tried it yet will have to see anyway thanks for letting me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
To do the infotainment update see the steps below (c/o vivavitara)
Important note:
Firmwares that are versions 8xx or 18xx are for EU region only.
Ones that are 7xx need updating with the non EU version starting 17xx.

Don't use a USB 3 memory stick as some people have had issues using them

Read the instructions fully and carefully beforehand.

Follow the instructions fully.

Do not interrupt the update once it starts!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient, it takes a quite a while - I updated mine from 850 to 1880 and it took about 35mins including the heart stopping bit where it gets so far and then appears to restart (I think it was doing an incremental update as the versions I went from to the newest one linked below are so far apart)

Whats needed?
• The files with the upgrade (unzipped and placed on usb stick, not in a folder, I think there are 14 files all-in)

Download 1880 update from here:
1.91 GB file on MEGA

• USB-stick formatted for FAT32-(min 4GB)

1 Unzip and store the files on the empty USB-stick

2 Take out the SD-card with the map-data from the SLDA-unit.

3 Turn ignition on to ACC (for cars with the Key-less option, press the Start button once without holding down the brake pedal and let the SLDA-unit boot 

4 Insert the USB-stick.

5 push and hold the settings button for 10 seconds & then press ”Software version” (update may be automatically detected on usb stick after a min or 2 without needing to go into the settings software screen)

6 The update starts (you see this as the screen turns grey with some flickering for a couple of seconds), and then the upgrade screen is shown. In this screen there is a progress bar, which after a quite a while (10mins or more) eventually gets up to approx. 76% or thereabouts, and then turns black for a couple of MINUTES (it feels like that at least) and then the update process starts again from 0%, don’t have a heart attack, this is normal

7 When the update is done, it tells you so with the text
”Please remove USB Stick” in the update-screen. Do what it tells you, remove the USB-stick

8 Now the system boots up (you see the Suzuki logo) this is going to happen two times. In my case the system shut down after the second boot up. I waited for 2-3 min, and then with fear in my heart I pushed the “Start button” it WORKED!

9 you may need to reset your radio stations and the clock

10 Finally shut down the ignition and put back the SD-card with the map data
Will this work by using an SD card or does it have to be a USB stick? I'm looking to update my Suzuki Vitara SZ-T 65 plate using this method, will this be okay to use and does it update the system to actually work with Android Auto as that's the main reason as to why I would be doing it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts