Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since buying my pride and joy six months ago, I have only been getting on average 280KMS-320KMS per 50 Litres! One of the Suzuki services I went to sort of scoffed at me and implied I was imagining things! Just two weeks ago I found a service station that took me seriously and they changed the carborator (?) and since then I am getting 365KMS per 50 Litres. Is there anybody out there who has the same vehicle who can give me some comparable info???? :huh:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Originally posted by misty@Nov 7 2004, 09:41 AM
Since buying my pride and joy six months ago, I have only been getting on average 280KMS-320KMS per 50 Litres! One of the Suzuki services I went to sort of scoffed at me and implied I was imagining things! Just two weeks ago I found a service station that took me seriously and they changed the carborator (?) and since then I am getting 365KMS per 50 Litres. Is there anybody out there who has the same vehicle who can give me some comparable info???? :huh:
We had a 1997 Vitara 1.6 Auto that did over the 7 years an average of 30 miles per Gallon. My maths makes that to be 531kms per 50 litres. Our replacement is a new GV2004 2litre Auto and in the first 6 weeks we have averaged 28miles per gallon which is 495kms per 50 litres. We've noticed that if Overdrive is switched off or if the "power" switch is on, then the consumption figures increase dramatically.

Hope this helps.

Beancounter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts