Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i put a Mobil ATF 220 in my Suzuki Every 2009 model with K6A Engine and 3 speed auto.
Later on i saw Suzuki ATF 2384K on the dipstick which is not available in Pakistan.
So the question is whether i put a wrong oil in my vehicle or the Mobil ATF 220 meets the requirement of Suzuki ATF 2384K?
Can anybody give me the specification of Suzuki ATF 2384K?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings!
Mobil ATF 220

Automatic Transmission Fluid
Product Description

Mobil ATF 220 is a high performance, fluid for automatic transmissions in older vehicles specifying Dexron IID. It is also used as a hydraulic fluid in unique applications.

Features and Benefits

Mobil ATF 220 is formulated from high-quality conventional base oils combined with a special additive system including viscosity index improvers, antioxidants, and defoaments providing smooth and controlled friction/wear characteristics. The product provides consumers an excellent driving experience even in broad range of driving conditions in a wide variety of pre-1994 automobiles. Key features and benefits include:

Features Advantages and Potential Benefits
Good thermal and oxidation stability Resists lacquer, sludge and deposit formation to keeps transmissions clean for efficient operation over the fill life
Good anti-wear properties Meets the wear requirement to promote longer transmission life
Excellent low-temperature fluidity Assist in improved start-up and clean fast lubrication at low ambient temperatures
Effective foam control properties Smooth and lasting shift feel and reduced fluid loss in severe service operating conditions
Compatible with all common seal materials used in Type IID transmissions Maintains effective leakage control

Applications

Mobil ATF 220 is recommended for some automatic and manual transmissions in passenger cars and light trucks specifying Dexron IID level performance as well as the related power steering systems. It is also suitable for use in some special hydraulic systems in farm equipment and other installations having similar fluid requirements. It is recommended that the user consult the manufacturer's requirements. Other applications include:

Off-highway transmissions power steering and other hydraulic systems requiring a Dexron IID or Allison C-4 fluid.
Industrial hydraulic systems and components.

Specifications and Approvals

Mobil ATF 220 has the following builder approvals:
MB-Approval 236.7 X
MAN 339 TYPE V-1 X
MAN 339 TYPE Z-1 X
VOITH TURBO H55.633536 (G607) X
ZF TE-ML-04D/11A/14A X

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil ATF 220 is of the following quality level:
GM Dexron II X
Allison C-4 X
Renk Doromat X
Caterpillar TO-2 X
Ford M2C163-A X
GM Type A Suffix A X

Typical Properties

Mobil ATF 220
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40°C 37
cSt @ 100°C 7.0
Brookfield Viscosity, ASTM D 5293
-cP @ -40°C 33,000
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 153
Pour Point, °C, ASTM D 97 -44
Flash Point, °C, ASTM D 92 200
Density @15°C, kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.870
Colour Red

Health and Safety

Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS's are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings!
Mobil ATF 220

Automatic Transmission Fluid
Product Description

Mobil ATF 220 is a high performance, fluid for automatic transmissions in older vehicles specifying Dexron IID. It is also used as a hydraulic fluid in unique applications.

Features and Benefits

Mobil ATF 220 is formulated from high-quality conventional base oils combined with a special additive system including viscosity index improvers, antioxidants, and defoaments providing smooth and controlled friction/wear characteristics. The product provides consumers an excellent driving experience even in broad range of driving conditions in a wide variety of pre-1994 automobiles. Key features and benefits include:

Features Advantages and Potential Benefits
Good thermal and oxidation stability Resists lacquer, sludge and deposit formation to keeps transmissions clean for efficient operation over the fill life
Good anti-wear properties Meets the wear requirement to promote longer transmission life
Excellent low-temperature fluidity Assist in improved start-up and clean fast lubrication at low ambient temperatures
Effective foam control properties Smooth and lasting shift feel and reduced fluid loss in severe service operating conditions
Compatible with all common seal materials used in Type IID transmissions Maintains effective leakage control

Applications

Mobil ATF 220 is recommended for some automatic and manual transmissions in passenger cars and light trucks specifying Dexron IID level performance as well as the related power steering systems. It is also suitable for use in some special hydraulic systems in farm equipment and other installations having similar fluid requirements. It is recommended that the user consult the manufacturer's requirements. Other applications include:

Off-highway transmissions power steering and other hydraulic systems requiring a Dexron IID or Allison C-4 fluid.
Industrial hydraulic systems and components.

Specifications and Approvals

Mobil ATF 220 has the following builder approvals:
MB-Approval 236.7 X
MAN 339 TYPE V-1 X
MAN 339 TYPE Z-1 X
VOITH TURBO H55.633536 (G607) X
ZF TE-ML-04D/11A/14A X

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil ATF 220 is of the following quality level:
GM Dexron II X
Allison C-4 X
Renk Doromat X
Caterpillar TO-2 X
Ford M2C163-A X
GM Type A Suffix A X

Typical Properties

Mobil ATF 220
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40°C 37
cSt @ 100°C 7.0
Brookfield Viscosity, ASTM D 5293
-cP @ -40°C 33,000
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 153
Pour Point, °C, ASTM D 97 -44
Flash Point, °C, ASTM D 92 200
Density @15°C, kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.870
Colour Red

Health and Safety

Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS's are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.

I already know about Mobil ATF 220 but no information regarding Suzuki ATF 2384K.

Any body who has specification of Suzuki ATF 2384K?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! The problem is most motors on this section of the forum are F6, 3 cylinder gas.
The Carry U have came from Suzuki dealer, and they are the ones to see about your problem. I googled K6 engine, and got a 4 0r 5 cylinder diesel motor for big truck.

Do you have a picture of your motor?

The Suzuki transmission fluid returns no answers when researched.

Try looking for a man named Fordham call sign on this forum. He is in central America I think

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
greetings! The problem is most motors on this section of the forum are f6, 3 cylinder gas.
The carry u have came from suzuki dealer, and they are the ones to see about your problem. I googled k6 engine, and got a 4 0r 5 cylinder diesel motor for big truck.

Do you have a picture of your motor?

The suzuki transmission fluid returns no answers when researched.

Try looking for a man named fordham call sign on this forum. He is in central america i think
I have attached pictures.Any member from Japan this vehicle was imported from Japan, I just need the specification of Suzuki ATF 2384K, tried google but did not find anything.

View attachment 23881

View attachment 23889

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
60 Posts
So i put a DExtrpn IID, Which is old, So i need to flush the oil or Dextron IID is also ok?
Sir;
I assume you only added a small amount as a top-off to your transmission. Less than .5 L or so.
If this is correct, no worries. I do believe your system uses a blend of regular dextron II and synthetic in other words a -PARA-SYNTHETIC.
By adding dextron II you may have thinned out the mix by a small %. Small enough it may not cause any issues. total system holds aprox 12 L of ATF.
Being your trans is a 3 speed and not a OD or 4 speed with OD or a lock-up system ..those systems are far more sensitive to there oils than a standard 3 speed.
I would not worry about it much. IMHO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sir;
I assume you only added a small amount as a top-off to your transmission. Less than .5 L or so.
If this is correct, no worries. I do believe your system uses a blend of regular dextron II and synthetic in other words a -PARA-SYNTHETIC.
By adding dextron II you may have thinned out the mix by a small %. Small enough it may not cause any issues. total system holds aprox 12 L of ATF.
Being your trans is a 3 speed and not a OD or 4 speed with OD or a lock-up system ..those systems are far more sensitive to there oils than a standard 3 speed.
I would not worry about it much. IMHO
It was almost 1.3 litre which was added,so i assume i need not to worry about anything?thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It was almost 1.3 litre which was added,so i assume i need not to worry about anything?thank you for your cooperation.
Glad to be of some small service. But Sir, for future fills please do use the correct ATF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts