Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2006 Suzuki APV 1.6L
The car recently sat in storage for a couple of years, it was started every now and than over is time frame.

Since driving it regularly again the idle sounds like it is too high and often when I stop rebut the car and push the clutch in the motor will rev up and than idle down, in waves. 3 or 4 times until it once again begins to idle again, as I said the idle is too high at this point also.

I thought I may have been from gummy fuel after sitting so I have run a couple of bottles of heavy duty injector cleaner through however he problem persists.

I was thinking of changing fuel filter next however I can’t locate it?

Any other suggestion on what may be causing the irregular riddle? I though it could possibly be a dirty sensor just not sure which one.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
:00000732:
to the forum!!

Oh, that sounds like a headache. :(

Best of luck.

^_^

Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
The filter is integrated into the fuel pump.

I recommend having the fuel tank cleaned first, then replacing the fuel pump with its filter.

Since you used injector cleaner in the gas tank, when it's finished then you should also change your oil and oil filter because they will hold the junk that got washed out.

The electronic idle adjuster in the throttle body may also be gummed up and in need of cleaning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts