:(
-engine makes these im-gonna-die-right-now sounds
-its not very sporty looking
-what performance???
-neighbours think its a mailbox :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol a big LOL mailbox? wth.. look at mine, it look sporty =) not a mailbox anymore.. u can do it too with some creativity ;) cheap parts, yeah. but not "better" parts ive been looking for time ago =\ salut!

·
Registered
11 Posts
No Altos here!

I wish the Alto was sold here in the U.S. :( It gets better gas mileage than the expensive hybrids at half the price!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is anyone here?

LiTo,

I wonder myself how many enthusiasts are here. I saw your question but I have no clue. Me encanta tu Alto! tengo un suzuki Swift (lo llaman Metro aqui). Tiene 3cylindro, 6valvula, 996 CC. Esta todo jodido...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just bought the new shape Alto, an SZ3 and they seem to have addressed most of the looks problems and performance is pretty good, even bringing out a decent set of accessories soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Naff" looking Rev Counter

I've just bought the new shape Alto, an SZ3 and they seem to have addressed most of the looks problems and performance is pretty good, even bringing out a decent set of accessories soon.
Yes great little car but is yours the model that has a really "naff" looking Rev Counter stuck on top of the instrument binicle....it totally destroys the inside cabin look of the what is a really good looking new car. Who needs a Rev Counter on an automatic gearbox anyway as most, if not all people who want automatics are of the more mature generation like me !! ? Because i wanted an automatic i had to have a rev Counter so i was unable to buy a new Alto !
Sorry for the "rant" but it makes me so angry they have made Automatics whereby you have to have that "naff" stuck on Rev Counter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes great little car but is yours the model that has a really "naff" looking Rev Counter stuck on top of the instrument binicle....it totally destroys the inside cabin look of the what is a really good looking new car. Who needs a Rev Counter on an automatic gearbox anyway as most, if not all people who want automatics are of the more mature generation like me !! ? Because i wanted an automatic i had to have a rev Counter so i was unable to buy a new Alto !
Sorry for the "rant" but it makes me so angry they have made Automatics whereby you have to have that "naff" stuck on Rev Counter.
Hi Atttim

The model I have is the SZ3 manual version which doesn't have the sprouting rev counter.

I don't know where you are but in the UK, the availibility is that SZ2 and SZ3 (as SZ2 with addition of AC and Pollen Filter) models don't have the rev counter and are available in either manual or Automatic and SZ4 models have the addition of Alloy wheels, that rev counter, and ESP (Electronic Stabilty) again with the choice of manual or Automatic.

I do agree with you about the rev counter and it could have been thought out better. It's a feature of some Splash and Swift models too.

You should be able to get an SZ3 auto which doesn't have the rev counter, unless it isn't available in your local market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Atttim

The model I have is the SZ3 manual version which doesn't have the sprouting rev counter.

I don't know where you are but in the UK, the availibility is that SZ2 and SZ3 (as SZ2 with addition of AC and Pollen Filter) models don't have the rev counter and are available in either manual or Automatic and SZ4 models have the addition of Alloy wheels, that rev counter, and ESP (Electronic Stabilty) again with the choice of manual or Automatic.

I do agree with you about the rev counter and it could have been thought out better. It's a feature of some Splash and Swift models too.

You should be able to get an SZ3 auto which doesn't have the rev counter, unless it isn't available in your local market.
Am lookin at latest Suzuki price list and it says that its ONLY the SZ4 that one can have the Automatic Gearbox, and refering to the "Equipment" page of the sales brochure it confirms ALL SZ4's have a Tacho. The price list says the the SZ2 and 3 is available ONLY with a manual gearbox.
They would sell loads more Automatics, in my opinion, if it was offered in either the SZ2 or3 as an option.....and without that growth of that Tacho added on as an after thought.
I've actually got my hands on a 2005 Alto Auto GL, with 5,300 (genuine mileage) miles on the clock...the owner passed away and only did short
trips. Its a fab little car.....buzzy little engine but doesnt sound in pain whilst doing its job.
All the best with yours, i'm sure it will do you proud and be very reliable....watch some of the hidden extras that they tend to add to your servicing bill tho...eg fuel line cleaner additive, engine flush additive...none of which is in the official sevicing requirements listed in your Servicing Book issued with the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They have obviously changed the spec issue for the car. The brochure that I have, dated 02/09 definitely states that the car is available with Auto gearbox across the range. As you say, they would sell more Automatics if that were the case now.

As an aside, recently I was in France and I noticed that there are only two spec options there. The "standard" Alto, equivalent to the SZ3 and the GL which is equivalent to the SZ4. I don't know what their gearbox options are there, but I assume them to be the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts