Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, stressed is an understatement because I cannot afford this right now.

Basically, when driving at low revs the exhaust is extremely loud. Almost a throaty sound, I've just spent two hundred quid getting some of the exhaust replaced and that hasn't worked. I've asked on the alto forum but it's a ghost town, any ideas I can go back to the mechanic with would be great.

Really appreciate in advance

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
ahhh, the mighty Alto roar. has yours just started doing it or are you trying to correct the natural 3 cyl growl they always have?
i know how annoying that can be at low revs....if louder than usual its usually due to a collapsed muffler or resonator, BUT i have had them do funny things with blocked air filters too.
Simple fix, drive it harder and upset the Jag owners by beating them off the line at the lights. Whats it like at idle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, thanks for replying. To my untuned ear it sounds fine in neutral, I'm leaning towards it being just part of the car but I do think it has become more noticeable recently.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
They do have a distinctive exhaust note, cooler weather can play a part too. one of the joys of 3 cyl engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts