Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, does anybody know how to remove the door wiring loom from the front door and the body of a Suzuki Alto 2010? I’m going to be wiring in some speakers as my Alto didn’t come with any in the doors. I need to remove the loom to pass some wires through The rubber grommet that goes from the door to the body.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
they unclip and pry out, but you will need to disconnect the wiring first as that holds them in place and the wiring's usually taped to the ends of the rubber section so the wires don't move in the grommet

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
if you mean the one inside the door, along one edge, it should be obvious

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So as you open the car door, the black grommet is visible. The left side goes to the door the right side to the car body, I’ve peeled back the grommet on the right side and a white clip is visible but it doesn’t seem to budge when I pull it. This one is joined to the car body under the dash, but it doesn’t seem to budge that side either....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
sorry, I mis-understood and thought you were meaning the wiring plugs not the clips holding the grommets themselves. From memory (and its bad) there should be 3 or 4 small clips that hold it in, they push in and clip in, not easy to remove. If you can get a finger to it inside the car you will feel the bumps where the clips are. Think of a style like a push in dash switch has, a sort of springy bump on the edge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, can’t seem to get the body side one to budge and now the black grommet thing won’t go back over the clip ridge🙁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts