Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a happy owner to a suzuki alto 05 my 1st car. Right my central locking on my passenger side wont lock anymore when i lock from my driver side.

I have been thinking and looking to upgrade it to a remote central locking, is this possible? Also i have been told that i need to fix the old one before i do, and do i have to? As i gotten a quote from a garage and the price was like really high.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Or at lest tell me how to find out what wrong without forking out so much money to a garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also having this problem I have to turn the key like 5 times to lock the passenger door , I think it may be the cars locking system being cheaply made .

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I am also having this problem I have to turn the key like 5 times to lock the passenger door , I think it may be the cars locking system being cheaply made .
nope, its more than likely a dirty switch (common), or its out of adjustment (not so common). My sister has an alto, about a mid 1990's model, central locking still works fine. If it was cheaply made it would have failed by now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will a alto 2014 model be compatible with a 2013 key transponder? . I can't find a key with remote central locking for my year ??

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
will all depend on the frequency. I'm not up on the alto security modules and programming. Not a common model here unlike the Swifts, those things breed like crazy here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts