Suzuki Forums banner

Suzuki Alto 2013 - Front Windscreen Washer Pump Not Working

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fordem 
#1 ·
Hi,

The front washer pump on my 2013 Suzuki Alto has recently stopped working. The back pump still works but the front one doesn't even make any noises when I trigger it. The wipers wipe but no pump motor noise. From the research I've done, I've been led to believe the pump has gone and needs to be replaced. There is also a chance the connections are just dirty and simply need to be cleaned. Either way, I need to get access to the pump. Does anyone know where it's located and the easiest way to get access to it? Also, does anyone know of a reputable seller of replacement pumps?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Are you THAT impatient? :oops: You'd think that you were in the midst of a crisis! Four days after Christmas and folks are sitting here waiting to save you? Sorry, no.

Have you bothered to see where the reservoir connects to the pumps by at least tracing the hose paths? Do you know where to add / check fluid? Have you attempted to clear / clean the squirt nozzle? When you find the pump, do you have the tools / talent to check for pump input power and proper ground?

#8 ·
Huh? Earlier you said this...
I have a similar problem, nothing happens on the back washer, everything is connected but nothing is happening. Has someone got a video of how to get to it, it doesn't look that easy, and yes I've had a good look. .
So if it has been "well covered previously" as you also state, link us to that info or provide the answers to what fixed the issue for others please. :)

And you said that your problem was the REAR unit. How does that help with a front unit problem, or does it? Are there two pumps mounted together maybe? And is yours the same year / model as in discussion here? You don't say.

#9 ·
The pump is at the bottom of the fluid tank. To access it you need to remove the fron wheel in the passenger side. Then remove the mud guard.

I have exactly the same problem. The front wiper pump doesn't work, doesn't make any noise but the wiper itself works when I want to wash the windshield. The rear pump works fine. I wonder if there are two separate pumps for the rear and the front or there is only one and a valve switches the direction of the flow.
This page says that it has one pump. But that doesn't make sense with the problem that I have. If it is only one pump, it should at least make noise when I turn on the windshield washer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.