Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've bought a damaged suzuki alto 2011, the damage is only light (bumper,bumper bar and radiator), the car cranks but doesn't start, I've plugged the computer in and comes up with 2 fault codes, C100 unknown fault code and B1150 airbag communication , airbag haven't deployed and seat pretensioners are fine.
I've cleared the airbag code but the other one comes back on, the car seems not getting fuel to the engine, I can't hear the fuel sender in the fuel tank pumping fuel before starting the car neither.

Does anyone knows if the car has a fuel cut off switch or something that prevent the car starting after the accident?

Over the weekend i will try to change the fuel pump in the tank.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Yep, I believe fuel shut off is inbuilt in the SRS and ECM module, depending on the market.
if its not communicating with the engine ecm its not going to start. Impact sensing is done from the srs sensors obviously via the srs module that then sets a bit in the engine ecm that inhibits fuel and shuts the car off. I suspect this may have triggered and be causing your issue. If it has triggered, thats usually a dealer tool to reset it as its a security feature.
Its possible its a fuel pump, measure for volts on the pump supply before dropping the tank to get to the pump.

Can you interrogate the SRS module with your scan tool?

Sure its not a C1000 code? That would be logical after an accident

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I believe fuel shut off is inbuilt in the SRS and ECM module, depending on the market.
if its not communicating with the engine ecm its not going to start. Impact sensing is done from the srs sensors obviously via the srs module that then sets a bit in the engine ecm that inhibits fuel and shuts the car off. I suspect this may have triggered and be causing your issue. If it has triggered, thats usually a dealer tool to reset it as its a security feature.
Its possible its a fuel pump, measure for volts on the pump supply before dropping the tank to get to the pump.

Can you interrogate the SRS module with your scan tool?

Sure its not a C1000 code? That would be logical after an accident
I thought the problem could be the airbag module too, because usually when cars don't have fuel cut off switch the module does it, I've just plugged the my scan tool in which is delphi, and by selecting the airbag module it comes up with no codes, altough it still shows C100 code and says "unknown code"

going to the dealership will be too expensive, i will get a used SRS module and see how it goes.
I've noticed that is really hard to find any information about this cars online

thanks for your help btw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in the last couple of hours I've found a guy that clear crash data from SRS unit, I went there an he did it in ten minutes, I've plugged it back in and the car stil wont start

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
in the last couple of hours I've found a guy that clear crash data from SRS unit, I went there an he did it in ten minutes, I've plugged it back in and the car stil wont start
Ok, now you're down to standard diagnostic steps if the SRS module has been cleared and is still coded to the engine ECM.
Check for spark, check for injection with noid light. Is fuel pump working? All the under bonnet relays seated properly? Frontal impacts can dislodge things anywhere in the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've bought a damaged suzuki alto 2011, the damage is only light (bumper,bumper bar and radiator), the car cranks but doesn't start, I've plugged the computer in and comes up with 2 fault codes, C100 unknown fault code and B1150 airbag communication , airbag haven't deployed and seat pretensioners are fine.
I've cleared the airbag code but the other one comes back on, the car seems not getting fuel to the engine, I can't hear the fuel sender in the fuel tank pumping fuel before starting the car neither.

Does anyone knows if the car has a fuel cut off switch or something that prevent the car starting after the accident?

Over the weekend i will try to change the fuel pump in the tank.

thank you in advance
Hi,
Did you get to the bottom of the non start fault on the alt??

Regards Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts