Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear differential cracked. Crack pushed out the axle and fluid leaked out. Do i need to totally replace it. If so, where do I find this part. We have looked everywhere and cant find it anywhere. What do you guys recommend we do?

The history of our car for one year since we got it, the engine blew and was replaced last winter, 2016. We deperatly need a car. A mechanic family member said we will try to make it a front wheel drive if possible or get the broken parts which seems to be the whole differential. Can my car use any other year differential other then a 2009?

I have included a link to the problem.I need someone's advise since i really dont want to junk this car. We invested so much money into it already even if its an annoying car to fix but beats buying a 20k car for now.

This is the video of what broke:

https://dealer.gettransparency.com/v/TaLGz6?s=jGILNrO89lAPZ8cZJQAwFsbTHFzlzYa6

Thank you, we appriciate all the help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Recently had my rear differential go after going over a slight depression (manhole cover)
The sudden noise was so loud. I thought something was stuck under the car.

Anyway, took it to AAMCO. They got a used rear differential for $350 my Aerio.
6 hours of $95 per hour of labor. Just under a grand to fix.
Family members were telling me to junk the car.
I figured that I don't have to make car payments for a car that is worth less each year.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 sx4 rear diff fit on a 2008???

i try to find a rear diff for my 2008 sx4 but only found a 2010... somebody know if is no problem to replace for a 2010 is look similar thx!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
SPecify details about your car. IS is manual? automatic? DIfferential gear ratios vary widely. A differential on a 2010 AUTO is NOT compatible with 2008 AUTO, and differentials for AUTO are not compatible with manual. etc, etc....
AND where do you live ? ACross the world, there are several engine types available...and they come with different differential ratios..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts