Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just took off air box and found what i think to be the throttle valve, the valve that shuts open and closed, has been purposely kept open, i took off the wire that was holding it open to intstall carb vent tube. why would someone keep this open? must be because of some problem yeah? seemed to be running alright before not great but alright....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if someone removed the equipment that controled the choke plate, it's better to keep it always open instead of always closed. If the choke operates ok, then leave the wire off. If it starts running rough and too rich, wirie it bakc open untill you can find the problem

·
Registered
122 Posts
On mine, the little hole on this solenoid was busted. This arm moves in and out and closes/opens the choke. Mine was also wired open, making starting kind of hard. I used JB Weld to rebuild the arm and it's been working all summer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wasnt able to tell by looking at it, how can test?
Look closely at that picture. There's an arm sticking out from the solenoid and there's an L-shaped lever that fits in that arm. That lever controls one of the butterfly valves in the carb. Mine was wired back to leave the choke always open (non-functioning).

The solenoid is operated by a vacuum hose and if you have someone else start the truck while you watch it, you'll see it immediately react. But, if the L-shaped lever isn't attached, then it's moving in vain. I used JB Weld to reattach the L-lever to the solenoid control and all was well. If it breaks again, I'll get more aggressive about fixing it- maybe drill thru the arm and wire the lever on or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts