Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I've heard of a RUF lift using cj fronts on the back and sammy rears up front. so my question is if I could go get an entire suspension set-up and just use lift springs all around. that seems alot easier than spoa

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
But think about this...
4.5" SPOA - more forgiving - most expensive part is a decent High Steer solution.
4" lift springs - very stiff - the nature of the spring - still requires a High Steer solution.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I echo BillJohn's response. If you are looking for a high steer kit check out Breeze industries. They build a nice system that I think is decent in price....especially since it is Canadian dollars (damn exchange rate).

·
Registered
15 Posts
an SPOA is far superior to an SPUA setup. i am still SPUA and hate it. just waiting to do that spring over when the time is right. you don't have very much suspension travel at all with an SPUA.

longer, flatter springs above the axle is the way to go. next to coils.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do i need to address the steering with spoa and 1" lift leaf springs? how much lift will that come out to be

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depending on what kit you used you may have about 6" of total lift and yes steering needs to be addressed. I would recommend a high steer system over the bent steering system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I had the rear done and lifted. then i priced out the steering kits, and I relized I dont have enough money. So i flipped back the axle and the sammy small again

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The dropped drag link has gone through many names over the last 10 years or so. And while they are a quick fix to keep things from hitting underneath, they don't solve the bump-steer problem. Also, if they are not gussetted they run the risk of bending on the more extreme situations (remember it comes 'pre-bent', just waiting to bend some more). Many of us started with those bars, but quickly learned (some of us the hard way) that they are better suited for show trucks and light duty tails. You make the call.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 'zuki sees offroad everyday...literally! It gets pounded down logging roads, across stump riddled cut blocks, over rocks and through mud as well as a healthy dose of highway miles per day. It is treated the same that a quad would (including running firehose and fire fighters up newly constructed Forest Fire Gaurds mad with just one pass of a dozer). I have never experienced bump steer or had the bar bend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts