Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have shopped and priced various lift kits for my SJ413. I only need a little lift (2 to 4 inches), I want Sprint UNDER Axle. I have almost decided on the Calmini Shackle Reverse Kit with shock towers and the front cross-member. I have also read about switching springs to Jeep TJ springs for a more road-ready ride. My Sammy is a daily driver, so I want the best ride and handling combination I can get. Please advise your experienced recommendations and any special concerns I might need to address when doing this lift. ie: Brake line extensions, shock length, which springs should I use.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
For an additional 2" of lift on a Samurai with great ride quality. Just right for a 29" tire. Old Man Emu springs feature anti-friction pads, graphite coating, and draw tapered and diamond cut leaves. This complete kit for spring under applications provides everything you need to install this lift including 4 OME springs, 4 Doetsch Tech 8000 Prerunner shocks, 2 pair of shackles, drop pitman arm for steering correction, sway bar extensions as well as all new urethane spring bushings.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i run OME shocks, front springs are another brand, but i assume back springs are OME too, not sure as theyre whatever were there when i purchased the car. i dont do anything hardcore offroad, just beach and mud, and these are more than good enough, ive never had a problem with them. ive never tried any other brand so cant say that one is better than the other, but i would recommend OME.

btw, mine is a 2" lift

·
Registered
122 Posts
For an additional 2" of lift on a Samurai with great ride quality. Just right for a 29" tire. Old Man Emu springs ....
I just put the OME kit on my '87 and am pretty pleased with it. It was a very straightforward job, no brake line extensions or any of that. Ride quality is quite a bit better and it gave me just what I wanted- better ride for easy.

There's a recent thread on it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a Trailmaster 3" in my Samurai back in 1988 when it was one year old. Gas shocks, steering stabilizer, re-radiused springs, urethane bushings, dropped pitman arm, transfer case mounts, shackles, plates and stabilizer bar extensions. It works great with 30" tires. The only drawback was the transfer case mounts. After replacing the Trailmaster units twice, I fabricated solid units.

They're still in business; don't know if they make a kit for the Samurai or = anymore. Their number is 928-636-7080.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts