Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once again everyone sorry I've been away so long its been hectic here.

I'm searching for ideas and suggestions for some suspension alterations, my stock gear is pretty wore out and I'm sure the shocks and struts are trashed. I'd like a little lift on her (2-3 inches) but have an issue spending $700 to do so at the time for a kit that comes with back shocks strut spacers and springs leaving me to still spend another $150+ on struts.

Anyone have any idea's on springs and struts from other vehicles that will fit into these little things? I don't mind doings some slight modifications but not at a point where I can really do the yota axels or anything like that.

Any and all suggestions/comments highly appreciated thanks in advance guys :D

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I'd spend the extra and get the Calmini 3" kit, I've been very pleased with mine over the last eight years and they have since improved the front springs.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I vote OME lift... then later on altered ego rear links and a arms.

The ome shocks and struts ride great....and are bulletproof.

Onky downfall is cost.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not 100%, but I think my rig was lifted with the springs/shocks/struts off a 4 door tracker/sidekick or vitara....check into that. I do know my front end was lifted with extended strut mounts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I looked into the calmini prob i have is $640 for 2 inches =( and $640..., and yeah the issue with the OME is the cost atm I'd love to have them but goodness they're high

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
The 3" Calmini kit comes with shocks and struts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah just saw that it's still out of my price range for now =(

·
Registered
621 Posts
If lift is the concern, call lowrange, get the OME lift with ome shocks in the rear,.not doetsch tech crap, it comes with a rear link spacer to preserve that old third link. It also comes with spacers for the top of the OME springs.

You can get pretty high with that setup if thats your only concern.

I think trailtough and lowramge just put out a new bottom dollar kit with springs, struts, and shocks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hrm will look into them as well thanks =)
over all lift isnt really a concern atm just function i've still got 2 years left being stuck in the flats and just need it to get down the highway with the occasional dirt road not really upset staying at stock height for now but would by no means being heart broke if i could gain 2-3 inches for the same dollar =P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts