Suzuki Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,243 Posts
Not sure I understand your question. There are certain circuits that force the high idle in cold start, and one of the basic purposes of them is to heat the engine so that oil is warmed up and protects the engine. The fact that your tranny apparently only has its issue when the tranny is cold - before tranny fluid is warmed up and flowing more easily, might indicate that seals, etc., are brittle enough not to do their ‘job’ at cold start, before the tranny fluid is warmed up and flowing properly. You haven’t advised what kind of tranny fluid you are using - presumably it’s the correct one - but a bottle of AT-205 may give new life to you seals. Try it. You have little to lose.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Not sure I understand your question. There are certain circuits that force the high idle in cold start, and one of the basic purposes of them is to heat the engine so that oil is warmed up and protects the engine. The fact that your tranny apparently only has its issue when the tranny is cold - before tranny fluid is warmed up and flowing more easily, might indicate that seals, etc., are brittle enough not to do their ‘job’ at cold start, before the tranny fluid is warmed up and flowing properly. You haven’t advised what kind of tranny fluid you are using - presumably it’s the correct one - but a bottle of AT-205 may give new life to you seals. Try it. You have little to lose.

I was going to check the start up cold idle circuit on the engine switches ,valves, I will give AT-205 a go. Also their was an old post to do with surging and talk about some vacuum lines and valves ...

·
Super Moderator
25,243 Posts
You’ll notice from the link you provided that the issue was not resolved, so maybe that link is not terribly helpful. However, in both instances, yours and in that link, the surge ONLY happens when the car is moving. So, that might be a hint that it is not the engine causing the problem but the transmission….???

41 - 43 of 43 Posts