Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SuperPro are a little nervous selling me a set as they believe they have only ever sold for fitment to JBs.

The local distributor (Fulcrum) has suggested if I give them the bolt and bush dimensions that they should be able to help me out which I'll measure up over the weekend.

As far as I know, there were no design changes in the front suspension between the JB & JT.

In the meantime, just wondering if anyone with a JT has fitted SuperPro bushes?

Many thanks
Wes

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Wes,

Missed your thread, sorry.

I have fitted the kit, but i am not 100% happy. Been meaning to take a pic and send it to superpro for their opinion.

When i purchased them, it stated they would fit from 2006 onwards.
Anyway, what have you heard from them lately?. Thinking i may fit standards back in soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Oldtrack.

Basically, Superpro sent me to Fulcrum and they're gonna pretty much need to pull one down to confirm fitment. Could be a pretty expensive exercise for no reward if they have to put the original back in.

Finaly found someone who's been able to play around within the specs and balance it out not too badly. Not sure if I can give a plug on this forum but .... "Allmakes Suspension and Engineering" in North Melbourne, guy to ask for is Steve. Recommended by a mate who knows a mate .........

Steve also suggested K-mac strut top caster adjusters if they were available (like Fordem had earlier) but also thinks I might be overkilling what he believes to be not a big issue. Told me to do the maths. It might cost me far more in the long run chasing a fix.

I did and I think he's right. If I accept the slight pull to left (emphasised by road camber), rotate every 5,000kms or better (over a few stubbies), I might still get increased tyre wear of, say, 5%. 3 sets of tyres at, say, $1,500 a set over the time I have the GV, I'm looking at $225. Even if I went out to 10%, $450 over +180,000kms. That would be more than 7 years of driving for me.

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet on this one and live with what I've got. For now, at 60,000kms, rubber LCA bushes still look as good as new.

Cheers
Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts