Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys thought i'd give an update as to how the van is coming along. I have got the supercharger mounted and hope to have it running in the next few days. Just have to make a belt tensioner but ran out of time today. I will post a few pics tomorrow for you to see and i will try and get a video onto youtube when i get it running.

·
Registered
28 Posts
monometalico said:
Hello guys thought i'd give an update as to how the van is coming along. I have got the supercharger mounted and hope to have it running in the next few days. Just have to make a belt tensioner but ran out of time today. I will post a few pics tomorrow for you to see and i will try and get a video onto youtube when i get it running.

para sa ano ito bro? whats the work with this one? is this an engine modification to make it even more powerful?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chipmunk888 said:
para sa ano ito bro? whats the work with this one? is this an engine modification to make it even more powerful?
Sorry I dont understand the first part of what you said.

As for the work that its taken its not taken that much to be honest you will see from the pictures. Yes a supercharger does make your engine more powerful, depending on how much boost you run you can make up to 50% more bhp. look out for pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are the pics of supercharger installed. Still got alot of work to do but i have had it running today. still need to make a belt tensioner but it is a holiday tomorrow in England so will have to wait till Tuesday to buy a pulley.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Blue, Its an Eaton M45 off a BMW mini. 1:1 would mean the boost would be to low. The original crank pulley was 140mm producing 10.5 psi of boost, so i am starting with a pulley size of 114mm going to get it up and running then see if i want to increase boost by changing the pulley size.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hi mono! congrats on step1 (installation)...hopefully the van would run faster than expected (step2, running) hehehe :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I see now. Good for you, you have a supercharger that you can get your hands on... heheheh

here in the philippines, its really expesive... might as well buy a completely built surplus F6A Turbo =)

BTW, is your carry carburated or EFI?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J-six instalation is done and as of tonight it runs and runs well. I cant road test it yet but it does run well. It will run much faster thats for sure! should increase BHP by 30-40%.

Blue i got the supercharger from Ebay for £92. I have used an 1 1/2inch SU carb off a mini using it draw through as apposed to blow through. much easier than turbo charging and you get no turbo lag.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yup, you're right about that. so in short, it's like we're following the way how to strengthen a muscle car. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
monometalico said:
Blue i got the supercharger from Ebay for £92. I have used an 1 1/2inch SU carb off a mini using it draw through as apposed to blow through. much easier than turbo charging and you get no turbo lag.
I see, so it would appear now that its kinda mini-carry hybrid :rolleyes: wow

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds nasty! Should be a lot of fun. Did you do any mods to the engine (compression ratio, etc.) to accept the blower?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello easy44, The compression ratio on the engine is already 8.8:1 so no need to lower it not done any other mods to it. The video does not do the sound justice plus the carb stack had a gauze filter in the end which was causing a restriction. I have removed that now and it sounds much better and revs smoother and faster. I am busy doing the body mods at the minute which is taking some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good progress mate, ive been considering putting an SC12 or SC14 from the toyota motors on mine for a while, theres a guy in eastern australia who has put an M90 on his supecarry ! haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, just wondeirng how hard it would be to put a su carb on my f8a???

i would probably choose a 1-1/2 aswell just because everyone uses them.

i wouldnt mind trying to blowthru it after to turbocharge the engine, just wondering waht would be needed to the carby itself inside to make it turbo proof, i know fuel press more than boost and i will need copper gaskets and glue them in, but got no idea on how to supply each vaccum line with what is neeeds ie boost pressure???

please give some insight into modding an su into a blowthru??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi hongster, using a the blow through idea with a turbo and carb is not an easy option! I thought about using blow through for my supercharger but you have to either do a lot of mods to the carb or put the carb in a sealed air box. If i was you i would seriously think about using a supercharger dead easy to fit and using the draw through method it nice and simple and you dont need an intercooler. If you really want to go the turbo route i am pretty sure the MG metro and the ERA mini turbo used the blow through set up you could google those and see what you come up with.

My engine is the F10A four cylinder carb model what is the F8A?

Dont know if this will help with your springs but you could try here Welcome to Bedford Rascal.com Rascals and supercarry are the same. dont know if they will have springs and if/how much it would cost to ship them to you but you could always email them and see.

I sent you a private message on here with my email drop me a line if you want anymore help and i'll try my best to help you out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts