Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 SX4 and the visors are beyond cheap. :lol: Is there an upgraded trim with nicer visors i can swap? I'd love to find a pair with a built in extension for side window coverage to block morning sun.

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
My 1987 Taurus had twin sun visors....side and front....the only car I had with that. THis being said, I have no plans for a Taurus......ahh..the sun visors were good....only the sun visors....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'm about to strap a piece of vertical blind to the darn thing! :lol:
I used a manilla file folder, cut to a width to fit between the hinge point and the retainer clip on the visor.
Then I stapled it together at the bottom of the visor and cut off the excess. I did this with the visor Down.

With the visor unhooked and swung to the side, the folder can be slid further to the back, thus covering a greater portion of the side window and blocking the sun coming in that window.

My visor extension costs almost nothing and is good for the lifetime of the car.

Trading cars? Take the extension off and use it on your new car.

Such a DIY visor extension can be painted to match the original visor, and decorated if desired.

It's just an option.

The Shadow :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
84801-54L006GS RH sunvisor
84802-54L006GS LH sunvisor

Should fit crossover too. Only available on 10-11 models. Verify with dealer first.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I cut out some masonite board to work as an extension. It's held to the visor with a band of one inch black elastic, sewed end to end and slipped over the visor. The extension board simply slips under the elastic band. One for each side. I also added some black, sticky back felt on both sides of the board so it wouldn't make any noise vibrating against the visor or the roof.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Old Post but just in case someone was looking. I used a Visor from a Suzuki Kizashi and the bolt in no issue. Size is very close to the stock. In the US it is hard to find the newer Grand Vitara visors with the slide so this is a good alternative.
IMG_20200210_072639398.jpg
IMG_20200210_072724340.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts