Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen a few different people on the forum talking or asking about grounding kits. ive heard of different ways to make them, speaker wire, big gauge wire ect. there are some problems with doing this. the grounding might be a bit better than stock but these wires are either made from the same metal as stock ones and or arent insulated that well. these are two very important components to a grounding system ease of flow, conductivivty, and insulation, to keep the flow where its supposed to be. with some things using the right matierials makes all the difference. i have a grounding system on my reno i had installed a few weeks ago. after a bit of reaserch i decided to go with the sun automobile grounding kit. for one thing this is there specialitly, its all they make really. they use highly conductive big gauge cable. i belive its made from almost pure copper wich is highly conductive. then they have a few layers of coatings on the cables. some for insulating, on some sets an extra coating to further reduce electrical noise for keeping static out of things like audio components, and also a coating to protect the cables. i noticed an immediate difference in both responce and performance. over the years one of the things ive discovered is that good auto parts cost more money for a reason. more time is spent on development and testing, the best matierials are used to optimise the performance of a specific part for its specific job, and the high quality of the manufacturing process. sometimes the statment "you get what you pay for" is very true, and cheap parts can be exactly that, cheap. research the parts before you buy. sometimes its worth saving up and waiting to buy a more expensive part if its of a higher quality, instead or running out and buying any old part because you want it now, its cheap, and, available. the sun grounding system is a little more expensive but in my opinion its works great and they make high quality products. oh yeah and you dont always have to pay full price, thats what ebay is for :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts