Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a bit of help. I'm UK based and needing to replace the sump pan on a 2007 Ignis (M13a) but I'm struggling to source replacement bolts/studs. I've got the part numbers, any suggestions on where to source them?

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,741 Posts
If all else fails megazip.net, but the shipping will be a killer.

You're not looking for any high tensile stuff so any supplier that can provide metric threaded bolts/studs. Why would/should you need to replace the fastners?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a look, it's pretty steep for what I'd be ordering. Eh corrosion is the biggest issue. Then again if the existing ones come out without too much trouble I'll just reuse them. It's a cheap runaround I gotta for her while I'm away at work (I work offshore), so I don't want to go bonkers on bits I don't really need.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Any Fastener Shop/Business should have what you need if you can supply a sample. If you can't get studs, then set screws can be cut down and used as studs - use a nut in situ to wind off to repair thread at cut. These things are Metric thread, EG; M6x1.25, AS A GUESS, so take a sample to measure to confirm. Any other Suzuki 4 cyl engine should have the exact same thing due to mass production.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Depending on what I can salvage I might take the route of getting new ones made. I'll see what the state of them are when I take them out.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
They are literally pennies from any hardware store that sells metric bolts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm also sure there would be a bucket of these things in every wrecking yard workshop that breaks down and sells engine components of Jap cars. Probably cost you nothing if you don't annoy them asking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts